Gas Line exploration/overnighter 3-16/17-2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.jamiebrooks.com
Redmutton and I are gona do an exploritory overnighter up the Gas Line. March 16-17. For those that want to join meet at 8:00am at McDonalds Carfree Hwy/I17. 8:30ish departure. cb chanel 4. Ham will be on simplex 146.460. If you want to join and make a day run of it you are welcome. Unsure where we will camp and are welcoming suggestions if anyone has done this. Plan is to hopefully link to Seven Springs area for the return trip on Sunday. Kids and dogs welcome. :beer:

Last edited:
Bump.,?!'''!?,.-/:;()$&@

Gas line on Google Earth?

Wondering if Google Earth has good enough resolution recent maps for that run?

$.02

Glenn in Tucson

(Who will be finishing up on my front hubs/brake work this weekend, so hopefully will be able to actually *go* on something this year)

Are you attending the meet tomorrow night, should I bring those bumper parts?

Yes I'll be at the meet but won't stay all night Probally gonna head out around 9ish

I'm considering alternatives for Saturday night camping with my 7yo grandson, Brendan.

Inkpot was telling me about White Canyon Wilderness near Superior, off of Battleaxe Road, and it looks real nice, but it may be a bit warm with a forecast 95 in Superior.

The other option was the Sheep Bridge Area. Temp should only be in the low 80's. Following Tangle Creek from FR18 to the Verde looks like an interesting place to camp.

Not sure I want to run the gasline tomorrow. But we could also meet you guys up there.

Phil, what are your plans for heading up that way?

I don't have GPS, give me low tech coordinates and let me know where you'll be and bout what time, etc.

Well there any stragglers we will be stopping off at rock springs cafe in or around noon ish for pie/lunch being that we are gonna start the gas line at new river and take the backwater to black canyon city via a back road from Gillette mine (if its not too blocked off) so if anyone care to meet up in rock springs we will be there waiting for anyone to straggle on in. As far as where we ill camp that has yet to be determin being that myself and skyehunter have never been on the gas line passed table Mesa

I'm considering alternatives for Saturday night camping with my 7yo grandson, Brendan.

Inkpot was telling me about White Canyon Wilderness near Superior, off of Battleaxe Road, and it looks real nice, but it may be a bit warm with a forecast 95 in Superior.

The other option was the Sheep Bridge Area. Temp should only be in the low 80's. Following Tangle Creek from FR18 to the Verde looks like an interesting place to camp.

Not sure I want to run the gasline tomorrow. But we could also meet you guys up there.

Phil, what are your plans for heading up that way?

I don't have GPS, give me low tech coordinates and let me know where you'll be and bout what time, etc.

Fumann,

We're more than willing to accommodate. My 9yo son will be there so your grandson will have someone to play with. I,ll send you a pm with my phone number. Give me a call when possible. Maybe we can figure out your schedule to meet up.

Home safe and missed my own birthday party! Tomorrow, I will take the time to write 10 Thousand Thank Yous!

Tonight I will sleep.

Home safe and missed my own birthday party! Tomorrow, I will take the time to write 10 Thousand Thank Yous!

Tonight I will sleep.

Sorry to hear, glad you were with friends to get you back home.

Happy birthday!:cheers:

:cheers:

just a few

Gasline-SheepsBridge_march13 082.jpg

Gasline-SheepsBridge_march13 163.jpg

Gasline-SheepsBridge_march13 217.jpg

Gasline-SheepsBridge_march13 082.jpg

Gasline-SheepsBridge_march13 163.jpg

Gasline-SheepsBridge_march13 217.jpg

Ten Thousand Thank Yous

Ten Thousand Thank Yous to RedMuttonChops and Heidi, and to SkyeHunter for pulling my broken 40 from Sheeps Bridge to Seven Springs. You guys Rock!

Many thousand Thank Yous to LCP, Mike OB1 who were on the phone providing moral and technical support and woulda been available for backup if needed (if we couldn't get it otherwise worked out) .
Full trip report is in the works.

It's nice to know you have friends!!!

The luckiest day of my life was the day I missed my own birthday party!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom