1996 Land Cruiser repower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RockJock82

Sometimes you have to kick a little A$$
Threads
Starting a thread on GNXTRA87's 1996 Land Cruiser engine repower. He lost the lower end on his 1FZ at 160k and was looking for an alternative to the stock motor. He will be going with a built 1999 LS1 out of a Firebird with extras (799 heads, Comp Cam, Roller Rockers, Arp Head studs), 4l60e automatic with Transgo full shift kit. More updates and photos to come!

****** If you don't have anything nice to say please keep it to yourself or start your own bashing thread, thanks! ******

image (1).jpg

IMG_20130623_134531.jpg

Last edited:
NICE.... Should go fast since you already know the ins and outs of this operation.

98 SNAKE EATER should be proud of that combination! HAHA.

NICE.... Should go fast since you already know the ins and outs of this operation.

98 SNAKE EATER should be proud of that combination! HAHA.

Yea sir! Should move his old cruiser down the road quite well..

Old drive train is out! Tomorrow we will prep the frame and burn in the new motor mounts and place the new motor and transmission.

ForumRunner_20130706_173353.jpg

ForumRunner_20130706_173353.jpg

judging by the truck manifold in the back. is that the 5.7 or 5.3? if you really want to have a bullet proof bottom end and easily spin to 7000 rpm, get the arp rod bolts. my previous car was a 99 Z28 :D

judging by the truck manifold in the back. is that the 5.7 or 5.3? if you really want to have a bullet proof bottom end and easily spin to 7000 rpm, get the arp rod bolts. my previous car was a 99 Z28 :D

Its a 5.7 with the truck intake. They are better for bottom end power. Good idea on the rod bolts I'll pass it along!

I'd like to go this one someday - how hard is the ECU/ECU harness wiring and software to get sorted out? That's the one thing that has me wondering.....

I'd like to go this one someday - how hard is the ECU/ECU harness wiring and software to get sorted out? That's the one thing that has me wondering.....

Doesn't take much to wire these motors though there is a lot of wiring to remove. Always source your factory ewd before diving in! Or send it to me and I'll swap it for you :)

Out with the old and in with the new!!

ForumRunner_20130708_210813.jpg

huge? gag? that's what she said!

ok ok!!!

this thing is going to scream!! ............that's what she said...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Ah man you beat me to it "that's what she said" :D... Good call

No mention was made about the oil pan so I assume no interference issue is foreseen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom