Rust Evader? Does it work, anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Has anyone heard of these products? Rust Evader :: Electronic Corrosion Control ::

It isn't another form of chemical rust proofing, but a tangible device – which is fitted much like an alarm.

Its module attaches to your regular car battery and draws about as much current as your cars clock. Over every 8 second cycle it emits a surge of "free" electrons throughout your vehicle to the very places your car has lost its protective paint and coatings (through stone chips, scratches, and abrasions) and "shields" these exposed areas from harm. The charge is too small to be noticed, however the free electrons interfere with the rusting process and retard rust and corrosion significantly.

If those really works I want to purchase and try it out the 80s.

Anyone?

You have a rust problem in Pasadena?

They absolutely do not work and they are gimmicks. Growing up in the Rust Belt, my family and friends tried them and they did nothing. Then when you work with the retailer on why you have rust, they have a thousand excuses. You especially don't need anything like this in SoCal.

Rust Evader works depends on how its installed

I had a 1993 Ford Ranger that I traded in with more than 245,000 miles in 2000. I had the Dodge dealer remove it from the Ranger, that had "NO RUST" in western New York (Buffalo area). The Dodge dealer did not know how to install it correctly and the Grand Caravan became dust faster than being cremated by 2008. The Evader was chosen because my father had one on his Oldsmobile in the 80's and had "NO RUST." I'm purchasing another car this week and part of my negotiation is their installing of the current device similar to the evader.

I had a 1993 Ford Ranger that I traded in with more than 245,000 miles in 2000. I had the Dodge dealer remove it from the Ranger, that had "NO RUST" in western New York (Buffalo area). The Dodge dealer did not know how to install it correctly and the Grand Caravan became dust faster than being cremated by 2008. The Evader was chosen because my father had one on his Oldsmobile in the 80's and had "NO RUST." I'm purchasing another car this week and part of my negotiation is their installing of the current device similar to the evader.

Great first post and resurrection of a 1.5yr old thread, ultimix! So exactly how long have you been an employee of "Rust Evader"? :D

Great first post and resurrection of a 1.5yr old thread, ultimix! So exactly how long have you been an employee of "Rust Evader"? :D

x2, just a clever spammer...

Found this:

FTC LAW JUDGE SUSTAINS CHARGES AGAINST "RUST EVADER"

An FTC administrative law judge has barred RustEvader Corporation from using the names "Rust Evader" or "Rust Buster" for a purported electronic corrosion control device for cars that the judge said is not effective in substantially reducing corrosion, despite the company's ad campaign to the contrary. Judge James P. Timony's order follows FTC charges that RustEvader made false claims about its Rust Evader product and about a demonstration and studies regarding its efficacy. Timony upheld the charges in a default judgment he issued following RustEvader's "general failure to respond to requests for information during the discovery period before trial on the case." FTC issued a complaint against RustEvader and company president, David F. McCready, in August 1995. Both answered the FTC complaint in October, 1995, denying the charges. In April, 1996, however, the charges against McCready were withdrawn from litigation so FTC could consider a proposed settlement agreement. According to Timony's findings, RustEvader falsely claimed that:

"Rust Evader is effective in substantially reducing corrosion in motor vehicle bodies, and that the company had evidence to back up this claim; a salt-water tank demonstration of the product's efficacy accurately reflected how Rust Evader protects motor vehicle bodies from corrosion when, in truth, the process used in the demonstration is much more effective under water than under conditions that a motor vehicle normally encounters; and reports of laboratory and other tests performed on the Rust Evader that the firm provided to dealers constituted scientific proof that the product substantially reduces motor vehicle body corrosion."

Judge Timony ordered RustEvader Corporation to stop using the terms Rust Evader or Rust Buster and to stop making the challenged claims for the Rust Evader product. The order also requires RustEvader to have appropriate competent and reliable evidence to back up claims about the performance, efficacy or attributes of any product for use in motor vehicles. Also, the order bars RustEvader from misrepresenting the existence or results of any test or study, or that any demonstration or picture proves any material feature or quality of any product for use in motor vehicles.

(RustEvader Corporation, FTC Docket No. 9274, June 7, 1996; materials relating to this FTC matter are available on the Internet at FTC's World Wide Web site at: Federal Trade Commission.)

What is the "rust evader", some sort of cathodic protection device? Seems like it could work if a constant ground to "earth" wasn't required. Electronic and sacrificial protection of metal is how we keep pipelines, ships and many underwater structures from rusting away. I never gave it much thought on a vehicle but in my part of the world I'd try it if someone has had a good experience with a similar product.

Those were a huge profit center for a dealership I worked at back in the late 80's. Didn't stick around long enough to ever find out if they worked. I don't think anything short of dipping your whole vehicle in Cosmoline will help in the rustbelt.

Those were a huge profit center for a dealership I worked at back in the late 80's. Didn't stick around long enough to ever find out if they worked. I don't think anything short of dipping your whole vehicle in Cosmoline will help in the rustbelt.

All you that doubt the rust evader, just purchased 87 nissan that had a rust evader on it, there was one spot of rust on vehicle, the rest was rust free, frame underside, even the steel brake lines rust free, the one spot of surface rust was a corner of back quarter panel, Minnesota vehicle exposed to salt.

That stuff never worked don't waist your money.

Where is LX_Treme? He has/had a kick a$$ killer 80.

Any pics of the underside of this truck-frame-suspension-under doors, fenderwells, rockers, etc?

All you that doubt the rust evader, just purchased 87 nissan that had a rust evader on it, there was one spot of rust on vehicle, the rest was rust free, frame underside, even the steel brake lines rust free, the one spot of surface rust was a corner of back quarter panel, Minnesota vehicle exposed to salt.

Got fluid film in a can at Lowes stores now for $10.

It is impossible for a passive cathodic protection system to work on an automobile because the car exists in air which is a poor conductor of electricity ( electrolyte ). The guy that got sued for selling this junk was trying to prove his system worked by demonstrating it in water ( which is a good conductor ). Any of the above posts that claim it work were either false or they were driving their car under water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom