Rolled Cruiser on North Bound I-15??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At 3pm I got a phone call form my mother and sister in law checking to make sure I was OK. What she thought was a "Vehicle" just like mine, lifted LX450 cashmere beige metallic, had just rolled a minute before they came upon it on I-15 at Valley Parkway in Escondido. They said it had stickers "like mine" (IH8MUD, SLEE'D, etc.) Not me, but whoever it was I hope they are OK!

My neighbor just up the street has one lifted on 33s same color but he's not on "MUD". I called and left a message to make sure it's not him. Also, talked to my sister in law some more. She said she couldn't confirm that the stickers were IH8MUD, etc., but that they looked like it.

Just called Steve's work and it wasn't him.

Tell him to get back on the board and say hi once in awhile.. :rolleyes: Not like he has a new house to keep him busy or anything, sheesh. :grinpimp:

Well it wasn't Orionkhan either because he replied about his roof rack last night.

My co-worker says that this was one of two major accidents on N bound 15. A fatality accident happened around Welks Tesort, a vehicle went off the 15 and down onto old 395.

Wasn't me. Hope whoever it was is okay.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine called me and said he was stuck in traffic due to that LX450 accident. He said it was a nicely outfitted rig too. It looked to him like it rolled and jumped the median wall. He hoped it was no one I knew. That seems to be the case.

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure where to begin other than to say the "rolled" LX was a Land Cruiser and it was mine. No Slee or Mud stickers on it, just San Diego Trux.
I was on my way home when according to the trauma center neurologist I suffered a blackout of some kind and lost control of the vehicle. I have no medical history of this problem and am completely stunned by it.
I have absolutely no recollection of the event other than a vague picture of a fire fighter using the jaws of life to open one of the doors to get me out.
I was transported to Palomar Trauma where I was stabilized and on Thursday they operated on me to repair a broken vertebra in my back, T12 I think. Prior to surgery the pain was unbelievable.
I was released from the hospital yesterday to start a long rehab process.
The vehicle is probably totaled, the claims process starts next week.
I am so grateful that I involved no else in the accident and did not hurt, injure or even kill someone. Sorry for the traffic tie up.
Thank you all for your kind wishes and regards.
I hope to talk to you soon.

John

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure where to begin other than to say the "rolled" LX was a Land Cruiser and it was mine. No Slee or Mud stickers on it, just San Diego Trux.
I was on my way home when according to the trauma center neurologist I suffered a blackout of some kind and lost control of the vehicle. I have no medical history of this problem and am completely stunned by it.
I have absolutely no recollection of the event other than a vague picture of a fire fighter using the jaws of life to open one of the doors to get me out.
I was transported to Palomar Trauma where I was stabilized and on Thursday they operated on me to repair a broken vertebra in my back, T12 I think. Prior to surgery the pain was unbelievable.
I was released from the hospital yesterday to start a long rehab process.
The vehicle is probably totaled, the claims process starts next week.
I am so grateful that I involved no else in the accident and did not hurt, injure or even kill someone. Sorry for the traffic tie up.
Thank you all for your kind wishes and regards.
I hope to talk to you soon.

John

Holy, crap! Thankfully, you're alive. Hope your rehab goes well.

John,

I am so sorry to hear about the accident and so relieved that you are ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

If there is anything you need help with during your rehab do not hesitate to ask.

Dan

Ah man, John I am sooo sorry to hear this! Please do let us know if you need anything at all. You have been so great to many of us and bailing us out on our various mechanical issues! Glad you are out of the hospital and with family.... And yes, very lucky you did not injure anyone else in the incident.

Get well soon.

John,
So glad to hear that you are OK. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

John,

I am glad you're OK. I never once even considered this may have been you. I was at your shop the next day and didn't see you. Figured you were out playing or something. Best of luck in the recovery process.

Oh wow! John, I'm really glad you're okay. A bit of traffic is nothing compared to SURVIVING! (Another) cudos to a well built Toyota.

Get well soon!

John, I am glad you are okay! We just rolled ours Friday on our way back from a trip and we somehow walked away: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/405093-our-new-land-cruiser-saved-our-lives.html

Although we are disappointed our Cruiser is ruined, it did save our lives and we are back home safely. I am glad you are also alive and recovering too. These rigs are amazingly well built to withstand wrecks that other vehicles may not be able to handle.

I certainly hope this is not a trend we are starting though....

I am glad you are on the road to recovery.

John, I am glad you are okay! We just rolled ours Friday on our way back from a trip and we somehow walked away: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/405093-our-new-land-cruiser-saved-our-lives.html

Although we are disappointed our Cruiser is ruined, it did save our lives and we are back home safely. I am glad you are also alive and recovering too. These rigs are amazingly well built to withstand wrecks that other vehicles may not be able to handle.

I certainly hope this is not a trend we are starting though....

I am glad you are on the road to recovery.

WTF!! God must love those who drive 80's! Thankfully, you and your family are okay.

John,
WoW! I am happy you are ok and hope the rehab goes well. I had just seen you days earlier and was caught up in that traffic. Same goes if the family or you needs anything please don't hesitate to ask.
Vince and Nikki Giulitto

oh man, saying prayers for you all now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom