ROTM Submission: Project "1995 4Runner" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3623348016_99ea2d453e_m.jpg

3623390902_d9c4f9f57b_m.jpg

Have you left the spare in factory location?

Do you like the Marlin rear bumper? I am thinking of getting one but I want to fab up a swing out on it.

Go looking truck I can't wait to pick up my 94 1KZ Friday!

I gotta say this rig has come a loooonnngg way in the last year - back in October '08 when I saw it, it was an everyday, but clean, 2wd 3.0 which probably wouldn't get much of a second glance from most of us - excellent job on the build -up :cheers:

. . . . if I make it back out that way, we'll have to do a side-by-side test of 33x10.5 AT's vs 33x10.5 KM2's :D

Nice work. let me know when you go wheeling again. i'm always up to meet nor cal wheelers

Great looking 4runner.

I will be looking into the baby seat mod for sure!

I had some questions.

What head gaskets did you use when you replaced them? And did you have the heads resurfaced?

Do the headers run over the trans like the factory setup?

Thanks

Sounds good. Keep in mind my actual days of what I consider wheeling are on hold for a little until I go ahead and have a budget for another 90's 3rd gen pickup or Taco, but definitely keep an eye out there are some events we're trying to make in the next year. :D I'm a little over the "Go goof off at Prarie and Hollister" bit. I am loving the travel trips though. This last trip around the Sierras was great, and bonus was only a couple minor issues. I would love to do a trip out to the Nevada Desert again.

Thanks! You're location says SantaRosa, correct?

You should consider (if we're able to still make it) coming out to the Pacific Mountain Cruisers Toys for Tots Drive on Dec. 5th at YodaMan's shop. You can check things out, shoot the breeze and meet lots of peers. Although we are not members of that specific club we're planning on going since it's related to IH8Mud and TLCA, besides, we hear they're a good group of people.

The gaskets were replaced with Rock Gaskets since they're easily available and no I believe they only needed a light surfacing since I was lucky enough to catch the issue as it was happening. I've yet to see a set of these last more than 160k, so I was in a way prepared. Besides, the 3.0's can also develop some cylinder ring walk where the rings openings end up lining up causing a compression loss. It was time to check things and we found a couple little dealership tech cheat fixes I wanted to remedy anyhow along with retaping up the looms.

As for the headers, no they're dual exit with the crossover going under the front driveshaft and transmission. The wiring and hoses are moved out of the way, along with better insulating on the floorboard and a 1" body lift to clearance it all better. I am also picking up (*hopefully really soon) a new ~Transmission Tunnel-Firewall Insulator piece and a ~Hilux Surf RHD Exhaust Collector Heat Shield. The insulator to stop a little more of heat from coming off the back and the shield's the RHD version to insulate the floorboard. Basically using the U.S. and JDM spec insulators in conjunction lets you have a cooler running setup with both collectors shielded, make sense? This would be the LHD one.

Cool thanks for the info, let me know if you are going to make it to the toy drive.

we are on our 2nd engine and or 2nd set of head gaskets. we went to the smog place to get it smogged and they said it had a bent valve or the valve was out of adjustment, but they got it to pass. it is slowly starting to run worse and gets about 12mpg :mad:

in jan I will tear into it again and send the heads out and maybe the block... last time i did it i was thinking with the manifolds routed over the trans near the heads, there would be tons of heat back there. so i was wondering about the headers you have might help that. All 3 sets of HG's that have been replaced the back cylinders has failed.

i have been also thinking of the 2rz or the 3rz swap. I need to do some more research on that, plus I hate wiring :D.

Thanks again :beer:

Congrats.. any word on the little one?

My wife and I just had our first about a year and a half ago on mothers day :) best thing to happen to us.

DSC_9952.jpg

Do you have a link for the T4T? like info? what is needed?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom