Just got my new '74 FJ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Excited to share - just got my '74 FJ for what I think is a screaming deal.

From what I can tell - original wheels, hub caps, emblems (minus the LC one), back seats, roll bar, steering wheel, shifter, transmission, hard top, free soft top, even came with the original manual. All guages work except temperature (including odometer - it shows 90k so most probably on 190k right now), all AC/wipers/etc still work. No rust. Looks garaged all its life, came from NM or Arizona.

Only major change is the 350 swap out which is pristine and the spare tire is off an FJ60.

Can't wait to start restoring this beauty!
trucks.jpg
trucks3.jpg
trucks4.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! Nice looking truck.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Thanks - Just need some free time to get some stuff working. Have a slight oil leak which is pretty standard, have to replace some cabling, move the taillights but overall she's in good condition! Maybe some bigger tires and a slight lift at some point but want to keep it pretty stock.

dang man, that is a good deal. Congrats!

Great looking ride, congrats.

someone needs to make a sticker that says its not a f;;;ing fj.nice fj40 though.

why restore :confused:

it looks great as is - enjoy :cheers:

shelfboy1 said:
someone needs to make a sticker that says its not a f;;;ing fj.nice fj40 though.
Too funny!

You really need to make it over to Coal Miner this year Robert! I'm flying in again.

Welcome aboard and great starting rig! Whereabouts in San Diego are you? I'd be happy to swing by and go over the rig with you and talk 40's. I can bring mine so you can answer any questions you might have. Looks like it's in great shape! PM me if you want to meet up. Cheers.

Mark

To the original poster, in case you're wondering what this is about, most folks on the forum take great offense to calling an FJ40 an "FJ". An "FJ" is the newer Toyota vehicle you are standing next to in your picture. Many Land Cruiser enthusiasts have a strong dislike for the FJ Cruiser. If you want to know why, do a search on MUD and you will come across hundreds of posts.

Congrats! '74 is a very good year. One strong suggestion -- if the truck is road-worthy now, DRIVE it for awhile before starting to tear it apart. That will allow you to enjoy it for awhile and also to figure out what exactly you want to do to it.

no, leave it alone, it matches the color scheme

No reverse lights?

To the original poster, in case you're wondering what this is about, most folks on the forum take great offense to calling an FJ40 an "FJ". An "FJ" is the newer Toyota vehicle you are standing next to in your picture. Many Land Cruiser enthusiasts have a strong dislike for the FJ Cruiser. If you want to know why, do a search on MUD and you will come across hundreds of posts.

Congrats! '74 is a very good year. One strong suggestion -- if the truck is road-worthy now, DRIVE it for awhile before starting to tear it apart. That will allow you to enjoy it for awhile and also to figure out what exactly you want to do to it.

Hey Greg - I'm actually from Colombia and I've had 3-4 different models (fj70, fj45, fj40, fj75) and they're commonly called an 'Effe Jota' or FJ in South America... that's why I call it that.

Different upbringing but the equivalent of being told to start calling dog a cat instead... I don't know if I can break that, ha.

In South America they are called FJs and are as common as a corolla is here! Hard to break that habit of calling it what I've known it to be for almost 25 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom