For those that are missing the 33X9.50 mudder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I would share this with you. In my search for a reasonable alternative to the highy reputable 33X9.50 mud tire that BFG carried and then discontinued, I found that Big O tires carries their brand X/T in a 33X9.50. I have owned the X/T on two vehicles and they are very durable, abled tires. The X/T is a cross between the M/T and the A/T so it is much more agressive that the BFG AT KO's out now in the 33X9.50. Very good on road handling for such an agressive tire (had it on a truck and suv).

Just some good info for the folks who like the long and skinny of things.

I was VERY close to getting a set of them......looks like a good tire. Big O has a great road hazard as well

There is also a Avon MTish tire in 33x9.5

I can't say that I agree compleatly. I found them to be good off road however not a very long lasting tire for the coin. Mine lasted just over two years with moderate use. It could'a been a bad run- who knows. I'm glad to hear others have had better luck but B.O. tires wont see my money agine. My two cents.

Cosmo:

Strange. Mine lasted 36k on my truck and 33K on my Rover.

Raf: you got to order them from store. It is not on their website for some reason.

I've heard that Big-O will warranty any sort of puncture on the tire w/ a replacement tire as long as the tire is over a certain tread?

So couldn't you just tear teh sidewall on something and come in and get them replaced? One by one by one.... ?

Okay, The Big O doesn't exist on the east coat evidently.
I can't seem to find any 33x9.5s near me. TN/GA
Unless I can find free shipping, I'd rather get them locally.
Anybody in my area with the same problem?
Brog

They are here in KY. Yes, they will replace any tire as long as the tread life is at a certain point.

Still a firm believer in the Kelly-Springfield Safari MSR... Runnin' them on my FJ40(33x9.50) and my '93 FZJ80(285/75/16). Here's the obligatory pic:

I'm running 235/85R- 16 mudders on 16" rims. I chose this because 10 Ply rating, cheap and plentifull tires and I needed new rims anyway. 16 x 7 us wheel from summit racing with 3.5" backspacing only $38 each. They are actually 32" x 9.5 which is close enough for me and they don't weigh a ton.

I'm looking at some Turbo Tech Tuff Stuff 33x9.5.
$68 apiece (buddy price)
It looks like this company has all of these brands (Big-O,Tire Kingdom, Turbo Tech...) outsourced by name brand manufacturers.
Anybody heard of these Turbo Tech rubbers??

[ftp=ftp://http://www.tbccorp.com/]http://www.tbccorp.com/[/ftp]

Broggi

(Too much free time at work and you can research anything.) :flipoff2:

34x9.5 super swampers.
Under special service on the website. 6 ply sidewall, and a huge tread. Not great on the road, but there is NO better all around east coast woods tire, IMO.

BFG discontinued those 33x9.5 for a reason .. They suck :flipoff2: Those tires were on my truck when I bought it and I absolutely hated them.. They were too narrow and you get to much sidewall flex. Sorry fellas I'm no fan of their mall terrains either or the triwall toilet paper they use.

Now those 34 swampers are the ticket....

Every tire is a compromise of sorts. The 9.5 x 33 BFG Mud Terrain
was a good tire for those of us who wanted to run stock rims on
a daily driver, with little or no lift, and still have a fairly aggresive
tire. The 34's look good, but are bias ply tires, not much tread
life, and beat you to death on a daily basis. As I said, every tire
involves some sort of compromise.

Les Schwabb also carries a 33x9.5 mud xt I beleive its called. Don't know how big their chain is so maybe most can't go to them... but they have pretty decent prices right now. They say the tall skinnies are getting more and more popular.

33x10.50 Swamper Radials. Very skinny for a 10.5 - comparable to the 33x9.5's on a friends 40. Fit great on stock wheels, very smooth on the road, and off-road -- well duh, they're Swampers. :D
At the time I bought them, they were cheaper than any other tire of that size.

[quote author=Brog link=board=1;threadid=11596;start=msg114535#msg114535 date=1078346520]
I'm looking at some Turbo Tech Tuff Stuff 33x9.5.
$68 apiece (buddy price)
It looks like this company has all of these brands (Big-O,Tire Kingdom, Turbo Tech...) outsourced by name brand manufacturers.
Anybody heard of these Turbo Tech rubbers??

[ftp=ftp://http://www.tbccorp.com/]http://www.tbccorp.com/[/ftp]

Broggi

(Too much free time at work and you can research anything.) :flipoff2:

[/quote]

Turbo -Techs turn out to be Summit Trail Climber CTs.
All of the above are made by Kelly according the tire guy.
Any experience with these?????
Brog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom