GX470 Rear Coil Conversion Kit Available @ Metal Tech 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT

Threads
It is well known that the GX470 is an up and coming 4x4 platform that is now within the price range for a lot of people. Being aware of the rear air bag suspension and the downfalls that it has we decided to come up with a coil spring conversion kit to get rid of the air bags and switch to a traditional coil spring that the FJ Cruiser and 4Runner platform uses. We have seen other conversion kits out there but felt that they weren't close to what Toyota had designed. Being very familiar with the FJ Cruiser and 4Runner (they use the Prado 120 platform) suspension set up we developed this kit to be as close to factory as possible. Starting with using the Prado 120 secondary spring isolators and then using the polyurethane spring tail isolator that has the built in ramp to conform to the spring. We then have a spring locator that bolts onto the axle housing to help keep the spring in place if it were to come loose. This kit is 100% bolt on and requires zero modification.

This kit is designed to be used on your stock GX470 using factory coil springs from a 4Runner/FJ Cruiser or to raise the rear end 2-3" to match the lift in the front.

For a limited time introductory offer, if you purchase a full coilover suspension kit we will include the rear coil conversion kit for free with free shipping. This offer will expire on January 31st, 2014. To receive this discount you will need to use the Coupon Code - GX470

Metal Tech is offering two different versions of this rear coil conversion kit, one that comes complete with the Prado 120 secondary spring isolators and the second with just the lower half and you source the secondary spring isolators.

Metal Tech 4x4 GX470 Rear Coil Spring Conversion Complete Kit - $249.95
791.jpg

Metal Tech GX470 Rear Coil Spring Conversion DIY Kit - $59.95
792.jpg

That looks like an awesome kit, and a great price! I love that it's bolt on, nice work guys!

nice job!

"For a limited time introductory offer, if you purchase a full coilover suspension kit we will include the rear coil conversion kit for free with free shipping. This offer will expire on January 31st, 2014. To receive this discount you will need to use the Coupon Code - GX470"

Can you be more specific on which coilover suspension kit you are referring to, as well as the price?

"For a limited time introductory offer, if you purchase a full coilover suspension kit we will include the rear coil conversion kit for free with free shipping. This offer will expire on January 31st, 2014. To receive this discount you will need to use the Coupon Code - GX470"

Can you be more specific on which coilover suspension kit you are referring to, as well as the price?

We offer a few brands who make the coilover suspension kits, you can browse the different stages on our website

Coilover Suspension Kits for GX470

Last edited:
Metal Tech is offering two different versions of this rear coil conversion kit, one that comes complete with the Prado 120 secondary spring isolators and the second with just the lower half and you source the secondary spring isolators.

I just placed an order (PP: Sunshin****@a_o_l) for your kit without the isolators. When the time comes I'll be ready. :wrench:

Thanks!

great kit...

This is the kit they test fit on my truck when i got my Radflow coil over kit and rear springs. It works great! Highly recommended conversion on the GX470. and thanks to LT for the work he did getting all put on my truck.

Regarding prado 120 secondary sprink isolator from metal tech how does it connect to upper part vehicle ? does it get bolt it on just like the lower one ?

Regarding prado 120 secondary sprink isolator from metal tech how does it connect to upper part vehicle ? does it get bolt it on just like the lower one ?

I'm sure you can make something to bolt them in but from the GXs & 4Runners I've seen that have done the spring swap, they just put it up there without anything but the spring holding it in place. A few 4Runner guys don't even use them at all.

For anyone wanting to get ride of the AHC switch you can use of these 2 options. They're OEM parts that LXs / LCs use.

• 58839-60020 blank (approx. $10)
  • 58839-60040 pocket (approx. $12).

http://s140.photobucket.com/user/rrcompton/media/Lexus GX470/ACHpocketandcover.png.html
http://s140.photobucket.com/user/rrcompton/media/Lexus GX470/ACHvspocket2.jpg.html

RCsGX you always Add extra information on any question you are always one step ahead .Thank you very much. the day you leave this site it will be the day to sale my GX :cheers:

RCsGX do you by any chance have the serial number or code number(example: 24-18677,24-196499 and so on) on those Bilstien shocks that used for the rear of GX .and are they adjustable ? and also i was checking around internet All the 5100 bilstien shocks i found are Black/ silver .are they different than yellow/blue or is it just new generation and different color?

RCsGX do you by any chance have the serial number or code number(example: 24-18677,24-196499 and so on) on those Bilstien shocks that used for the rear of GX .and are they adjustable ? and also i was checking around internet All the 5100 bilstien shocks i found are Black/ silver .are they different than yellow/blue or is it just new generation and different color?

The rear 5100s (silver / black) are for stock ride height IE: 0" of lift or up to 2" of lift.

The rear 4600 (yellow / blue) are to use for stock ride height.

Both the front & rear 5100s and the 4600s are valved the same, the only difference is the front 5100s. Once you choose to lift using one of the 5100s spring perch settings the valving changes. So if you're planning on staying at the stock ride height go w/ the 4600s.

Rear part numbers are below:
5100s: 33-187174
4600: 24-186049

Last edited:
thanks RCsGX .in one my previously post i mention to you a bout $2000.00 price i was told for all away around icon suspension unfortunately it did not included the extra goodies you mentioned it was just a simple stage 1 so i decided to go the route you took with your GX .icon front 5100s rear .i was just wondering when you trick the air bag with conjunction of 5100s and raise the suspension what would become the function of the ride height switch ?does it still work? thanks

thanks RCsGX .in one my previously post i mention to you a bout $2000.00 price i was told for all away around icon suspension unfortunately it did not included the extra goodies you mentioned it was just a simple stage 1 so i decided to go the route you took with your GX .icon front 5100s rear .i was just wondering when you trick the air bag with conjunction of 5100s and raise the suspension what would become the function of the ride height switch ?does it still work? thanks

Nice, you're going to like that setup.

About the ride height, yes, when you trick the ride height sensors to lift the rear you'll still be able raise and lower the GX with the height control switch. The only time you loose that function is when you replace the airbags with coil springs or if your ride height system decides to cr@p out on you. :D

I drilled out the buttons for AHC, etc and used it for a Toyota switch for my LED backup lights and my stealth CB install, otherwise I would be all over this little cup, thanks for the info.

Which springs are recommended for stock height on my 04 GX? FJC? I like the idea of ditching the air bags in favor of springs but don't want a full suspension system (yet). Figure it would be a good first step if I decide to get a lift later. Wouldn't mind keeping the OEM electronic shocks for a while either

Which springs are recommended for stock height on my 04 GX? FJC? I like the idea of ditching the air bags in favor of springs but don't want a full suspension system (yet). Figure it would be a good first step if I decide to get a lift later. Wouldn't mind keeping the OEM electronic shocks for a while either

You could use the OME 2895E spring which gives you a 1" lift in the rear or we have been hanging on to stock rear springs from FJ Cruiser and 4Runner installs that might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom