Builds Zeke, the 1975 Wanderer and DD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FE parts hard to find??? Not looking in right places 😘.
In Steve's garage. He dumped a bunch of blocks a few years ago but still has a bunch of fun tidbits around.

Seriously, though. I am keeping an eye out for a decent 2F that I can freshen up.

Will probably put an AFI Legacy TBI kit with controllable distributor on it to fix that crappy Holley conversion that's on it.

In the meantime, I'll start going after the rust and welding in patches as I can.

Apologize, I don't recall what year PIG you have? I found rebuilt 2F out of a 60 series for $1200 bucks a couple years ago. I was going to put in my LV and get rid of the Chevy swap and then the swine flu got me. Now going with EFI, H55 in the Sow.

My point is there are some good engine deals out there and personally except for little fuel issue from older cruisers I have never been left on side of road with a 2F.

Apologize, I don't recall what year PIG you have? I found rebuilt 2F out of a 60 series for $1200 bucks a couple years ago. I was going to put in my LV and get rid of the Chevy swap and then the swine flu got me. Now going with EFI, H55 in the Sow.

My point is there are some good engine deals out there and personally except for little fuel issue from older cruisers I have never been left on side of road with a 2F.

What difference does year make, if I may ask?

Besides some of the accessories I really don't know any significant difference when it comes down to the actual performance. I didn't care about the Dizzy or carb cause its going to have the Sniper EFI. Someone far smarter then I will probably chime in with combustion, Hp, torque figures.

Go fishing in the 60 series tech. Posted wanted 2F, someone doing a swap will chime in no time.

OR last resort, last night I noticed Classic Cruisers has rebuilt 2f for just under $8,000 after ordering a small part from them.

Go fishing in the 60 series tech. Posted wanted 2F, someone doing a swap will chime in no time.

OR last resort, last night I noticed Classic Cruisers has rebuilt 2f for just under $8,000 after ordering a small part from them.
I had less than that TOTAL in all five Pigs I bought along the way to creating the Frankencruiser…including the SBC- converted one from Rush’s neighborhood that I drove home 600 miles.

Have any experience with them?

Interesting they put a date range on 2F engines from 81-87, where some remanufacturers use 75-87 and some use 75-85/85-87 and treat those engines differently.

Does anyone know why? If I get part #842A, which is for a non-smog 2F, which is what mine is, do I get the right engine, or was there some major change in 81 that makes it not fit my 75?

I have seen a lot of 60 series 2Fs get put in 40s and 55s. I don't think there is much difference and if there are a few things, it probably is minor.

Under 3k delivered sounds like a smoking deal.

One thing I just want to throw out there is this. You may have low compression but it doesnt always mean you need a new engine. It could be a valve issue. One thing to do is put a little oil in the cylinder and see if the comp goes up. That usually means the rings are bad. But if it doesn't go up it could be a valve...or hole in your piston :confused:

I think head work is cheap and a lot easier than swapping the whole engine.

I have seen a lot of 60 series 2Fs get put in 40s and 55s. I don't think there is much difference and if there are a few things, it probably is minor.

Under 3k delivered sounds like a smoking deal.

One thing I just want to throw out there is this. You may have low compression but it doesnt always mean you need a new engine. It could be a valve issue. One thing to do is put a little oil in the cylinder and see if the comp goes up. That usually means the rings are bad. But if it doesn't go up it could be a valve...or hole in your piston :confused:

I think head work is cheap and a lot easier than swapping the whole engine.
Looking at the reviews for remanufactured.com, I'd say it is more of a "too good to be true" deal.

I'll look into that cylinder with my borescope later today and see what I see.

8K for a boat anchor is crazy Toyota Nerd stuff. The only guy that would entertain spending that kind of money on a 2f is the same guy that get a boner posting pictures of Toyota hose clamps in Toyota bags on the internet.

8K for a boat anchor is crazy Toyota Nerd stuff. The only guy that would entertain spending that kind of money on a 2f is the same guy that get a boner posting pictures of Toyota hose clamps in Toyota bags on the internet.
Lmao!!!

If I could have only accurately displayed the sarcasm I had while posting that!!

Watch where you put your finger @bobm

1633117459196.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom