You have been SPOTTED! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This afternoon at Great Outdoor Provision Center on Park Rd. I feel like I've seen and posted this one before.

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

Just got back from a 9 day cruise to Cuba. Spent close to two days in Havana, and among the diverse array of vehicles- yes, the 50's cars are still there, many with a Lada diesel or some other engine powering them. Anyway, I was in a tour bus and saw a 60 in taxi form. Dunno if it was an HJ, but it looked good. Couldn't get a pic, as traffic was rather dense(!) and shooting through a tourbus window is a challange. Since we drove to Miami to pick up the ship, on the way back we stopped in Ameila Island for a couple of days, and I saw a later model troopy at a repair shop in an odd mustard yellow. Went back later that day, and it was gone.

On a side note, I am thinking that many Cubanos have some sort of mechanics blood in them, because they do all the work when their "coche" breaks down, or it's a collective effort. One funny sight I saw in Cienfuegos, was a mid 70's Fiat 500 that had it's engine lid open (rear engine), and it was running WITHOUT an AIR FILTER. Carb was exposed for all to see!!

Spotted on the 405 (aka "hell") today. One hell of a roofrack and dig the steelies.

IMG_0759.JPG

Wow - lots of "damage multipliers" ( term credit: @jfz80) on that rig. I count 5 at least.

Color matched snorkels = higher performance, tho!

I especially appreciate the poifect alignment of that rear bumper :cool:

You move to my neck of the woods??

Haha, no, I really like it out there though. I had to be in Vancouver for some meetings and all of my previous PacNW trips were quick in / out, mostly layovers at Sea-Tac so this time I decided to build a few days on the front and back end of my Vancouver trip to explore a little bit.

Only the way up I decided to take the coastal route and explore some of the islands and coast line. I really liked Whidbey Island. It would be awesome to have a compound out there, surrounded by old growth timber and on the water, ideally beside a good friend with a winery...I know it's not Astoria but I kept expecting Chunk and the Goonies gang to dart in front of me as I explored the back roads. Deception Pass, while touristy I know, was cool having not been there before. On the way back I went higher elevation through the Cascades and liked that just as much. I actually was close to where those guys were just attacked by the cougar, just a day earlier.

Still not enough time and I look forward to another trip out that way sometime soon. Really great, scenic area and the temps, esp on Whidbey in the mid-50s during the day, were a nice welcome compared to the CLT heat and humidity.

And to get this back on You Have Been Spotted topic...a 100 on I-5 just N of Seattle.

Seattle100.jpg

I know its raleigh but this is ridiculous. There is a 100 on each of 4 streets ive been too for design work and 4 on the first street alone. @southerncruiser62 s old hood. Must be some sort of trend setter :grinpimp:
6673D859-4FA5-492B-A5BC-27303BC8605F.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha, no, I really like it out there though. I had to be in Vancouver for some meetings and all of my previous PacNW trips were quick in / out, mostly layovers at Sea-Tac so this time I decided to build a few days on the front and back end of my Vancouver trip to explore a little bit.

Only the way up I decided to take the coastal route and explore some of the islands and coast line. I really liked Whidbey Island. It would be awesome to have a compound out there, surrounded by old growth timber and on the water, ideally beside a good friend with a winery...I know it's not Astoria but I kept expecting Chunk and the Goonies gang to dart in front of me as I explored the back roads. Deception Pass, while touristy I know, was cool having not been there before. On the way back I went higher elevation through the Cascades and liked that just as much. I actually was close to where those guys were just attacked by the cougar, just a day earlier.

Still not enough time and I look forward to another trip out that way sometime soon. Really great, scenic area and the temps, esp on Whidbey in the mid-50s during the day, were a nice welcome compared to the CLT heat and humidity.

And to get this back on You Have Been Spotted topic...a 100 on I-5 just N of Seattle.

View attachment 1707689

Yeah I could live on whidbey.... I could live with the commute back to seattle though.

Sweet let me know next time you are in the area. :cheers:

We have slowly converted all these Tahoe people to 100 series. They are everywhere and lots of high schoolers drive them now.

We have slowly converted all these Tahoe people to 100 series. They are everywhere and lots of high schoolers drive them now.

Everywhere!!!
Yup. High schoolers too. Those IB parents i tell ya lol

3B666681-B518-44C0-8983-168831219D67.jpeg

now that is funny.

Did you leave orange flags in my yard? We had random orange flags in the yard so I pulled them up and put them in the trash. :<)

Last edited:
Anyone know this 100 from Charlotte. Some G guys spotted him.

2 gs and a hundy.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom