Yet another Vent Window Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiseroutfit I'm not sure so I posted another photo of my early doors with the fold out quarter windows. Would you know what year doors these could be or will you need more photo's.
Thanks for the help.

iphone5 001.jpg

Cruiseroutfit I'm not sure so I posted another photo of my early doors with the fold out quarter windows. Would you know what year doors these could be or will you need more photo's.
Thanks for the help.

Those are not bugcatcher windows rather the standard 'push-button' latch the pivots on a post rather than pivoting via the weatherstrip. We already have your w/s here in stock, give us a ring if you would like to place an order :D

Bug catcher W/S

Kurt, I would be in for 2 sets of short (16) for a 65 LPB.

Thanks, hope this works out.

I'm in for a set.

1966 FJ45 LWB - probably the 16"

Phil

Bug Catcher Wing Vent Rubber

Kurt,
I'm still in for 2 sets.
66 FJ45 - short

Thanks,
Jeff

Kinda confused here and most likely not to get an answer prior to this going down tonight. I'm told that the weather seals for the pivot will fit the bug catcher which opens from the top...BUT the vent window will not be functional if doing that.

Now then, i'm also told that the upper frame of newer models with pivot vent will fit the older models like mine.

Please clarify if bug catchers can be found....If that is the case, i need 2 sets 4 in total. Can anyone clarify this as it has been done so many times......

Bug Catchers use the W/S to pivot which the later model center pivot window w/s doesn't have. So no, not going to work. We stock the center pivot stuff. Still working the the earlier bug-catcher style.

jskfj45, what size are your bugcatchers?

Will get that info back to you along with some pictures to just clarify what it is that most of us are looking for.....Man, i really need these...waiting for the truck to get out of upholstery.....yeah!

As promised, sorry for delay......rough measurements. 16x10x17x6...Question, are these the tall or short??

bug catcher2.JPG

bugcatcher 3.JPG

bugcatcher 4.JPG

bugcatcher.JPG

bugcatcher5.JPG

Last edited:
I need a set
Will confirm tonight but I think it is long.

By old take offs are in decent shape if you need any pics/measurements from them.

I need a set
Will confirm tonight but I think it is long.

By old take offs are in decent shape if you need any pics/measurements from them.

I was wrong - mine are 16 inch

...By old take offs are in decent shape if you need any pics/measurements from them.

Are they available for me to send off for prototyping/estimating? I've got two full sets of take-off (rough condition) w/s that was donated by Mud members. Both of those are now out of my hands and I have one more company I would like to send a set to. LMK

if i ever get my 64 back from the body shop i'll measure it.

i really need a set for the LV.

Sweet. Lemme know.

I was wrong - mine are 16 inch

Thanks. Got you down.

Are they available for me to send off for prototyping/estimating? I've got two full sets of take-off (rough condition) w/s that was donated by Mud members. Both of those are now out of my hands and I have one more company I would like to send a set to. LMK

Sweet. Lemme know.

Thanks. Got you down.

Do you think I could get them back afterwards (just in case :) )

Do you think I could get them back afterwards (just in case :) )

Yessir, shouldn't be a problem. I've been VERY specific with the vendors that we want all samples saved. I told one in particular they could makes some cuts to get a good view of the cross-section but that was on a pretty rough set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom