Yet another Vent Window Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Simple supply and demand equation. When there is no supply, people are often willing to pay what it takes to get what they need. With no way at this time to replace their pristine new Robert sets, few are willing to part with them at any price.

What we are trying to do here is to secure a long-term supply at a price which allows the manufacturer and vendors to make a profit on their investment. The biggest issue with the repos is the fixed cost of making the tooling / moulds. There is definitely a price point where more units will be sold, thus spreading out the tooling costs. If priced too high, fewer will sell. Will the new ones be worth 3x what Robert produced? 2x perhaps.

:cheers:

Steve

Exactly, and I hope we secure needed parts for the future in a atmosphere that produces a profit for those willing to lay their balls on it to make it happen.

any updates ? I would buy at least one set , maybe too , since mine are almost fifty years old and showing signs of wear. don't now if this might be of any help but the way technology is today, http://moritequsa.com/web/ thanks,mark

Last edited:
any updates ? I would buy at least one set , maybe too , since mine are almost fifty years old and showing signs of wear. don't now if this might be of any help but the way technology is today, http://moritequsa.com/web/ thanks,mark

Wheels in motion, we have blueprints to several manufactures and I've shown samples to several others. I've got an original sample, window and pictures headed to one of the most promising connections currently. Best case scenario, 3-6 months, worst case it isn't financially feasible to pull off.

What height are your windows? 17" or 18"

I'd love to hear from others on their window size as well, 17 or 18"

Wheels in motion, we have blueprints to several manufactures and I've shown samples to several others. I've got an original sample, window and pictures headed to one of the most promising connections currently. Best case scenario, 3-6 months, worst case it isn't financially feasible to pull off.

What height are your windows? 17" or 18"

I'd love to hear from others on their window size as well, 17 or 18"

Where do you take that measurement from ?

Hey Kurt,
Just measured my existing crusty weatherstrips and they say 16" for 65 LPB, can't wait for positive news on avalibility of new, my truck is nearly done after three years and this is the missing link. Thanks for your efforts!

Andy

16" for 1 17" for the 2nd

Where do you take that measurement from ?

Measure the actual glass for the easiest number.

Hey Kurt,
Just measured my existing crusty weatherstrips and they say 16" for 65 LPB, can't wait for positive news on avalibility of new, my truck is nearly done after three years and this is the missing link. Thanks for your efforts!

Andy

Hmmm, I was thinking it was 17" and 18" but perhaps it is 16" and 17"? I'll get some measurements off the doors I have here and get back with you gents.

16" for 1 17" for the 2nd

Gotcha!

Put me down for a set. Thanks

What size will you be needing?

My 62 fj40 window is about 43 cm. That would make it 17"

image-3724126423.jpg

image-2809584448.jpg

image-3724126423.jpg

image-2809584448.jpg

Thanks hdjtachtig, that give me another reference point.

Any others care to chime in with their size?

Kurt,
Pulled my glass out of storage and both measure 16", my truck is was made in 64 and sold in 65 with the brass tag on the firewall vin. Thanks again!

Andy

Just to clarify as there seems to be a bit of overlap, I measured a few different sets of doors and loose glass today and came up with this:

Short Bugcatcher:
- Glass Overall Height (no W/S installed): 16"
- Glass Overall Height w/WS Installed: 16.5"
- Door Window Opening (no W/S installed): 16.25"

Short_Bugcatcher_Frame (Small).JPG
Short Bugcatcher Door Frame, note thick band at top

Short_Bugcather_Measure (Small).JPG
Short Bugcatcher Measurement

Long Bugcatcher:
- Glass Overall Height (no W/S installed): 17"
- Glass Overall Height w/WS Installed: 17.5"
- Door Window Opening (no W/S installed): ~17.25"

Long_Bugcatcher_Frame (Small).JPG
Long Bugcatcher Door Frame, note thin band at top

Long_Bugcatcher_Measure (Small).JPG
Long Bugcatcher Measurement

So, based on these numbers... I'd love to hear more about which doors you have and perhaps what year they came from.

cruiseroutfit - 1966 FJ45 - Short
RustyNailJustin - ??? - Short
RustyNailJustin - ??? - Long
tahoe40/45 - ??? - Long
ADUB100 - 1964 ??? - Short
hdjtachtig - 1962 FJ40 - Long
Old Red - 1961 FJ40 - Long
CycloSteve - 1965 FJ45 - Short
cppilot - ??? - Short x 2
pjohnson - 1966 FJ45 LWB - probably the 16"
Whitey45 - 1965 - Short
jskfj45 - 1965 FJ45 - Short
71FJ40 - 1965 FJ45 - Short

Long_Bugcatcher_Frame (Small).JPG

Short_Bugcatcher_Frame (Small).JPG

Long_Bugcatcher_Measure (Small).JPG

Short_Bugcather_Measure (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Hi I just brought these doors for my 78. So I take it these are the later doors with 16 inch quarter windows

iphone5 001.jpg

iphone5 003.jpg

Jumpin in late, any for the LV, 1964? If so would be interested. Thanks, mike

Hi I just brought these doors for my 78. So I take it these are the later doors with 16 inch quarter windows

Is that a 'bugcatcher' window that utilizes the w/s at the back edge of the glass as the hinge? Can't tell on this small screen but those look like standard vent windows with the push-button window handle? If so we already have that window w/s in stock, $40'ish per window. :cool:

If bug-catcher, I'll add you to the list :D

Jumpin in late, any for the LV, 1964? If so would be interested. Thanks, mike

Nothing I am currently working on, bugcatcher windows only. Perhaps in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom