Yellow Box V5 Plug and Play Install With Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attachments

• Yellow Box 5th Gen Installation Instructions.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
You're a saint. Thak you!

Ordered mine on 12/27/2019 and it arrived 1/24/2020. Will be installing soon. Thinking of getting a small IP66 box to mount it underneath instead of bringing it into the cabin. Supporting installation documents attached.

9BB3A234-27E6-4814-A9F5-80B83DBF3354.jpeg

Attachments

• Yellow Box v5_General Splice Installation.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Yellow Box v5_Setting Speedo Correction.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Yellow Box v5_ Instructions.pdf
    249.5 KB · Views: 86
Mine should be showing up any day now... I debated about keeping it underneath but the idea of easily adjusting it has me coming back to the idea of throwing it into the cabin. This post is great and I'll most likely do the same. Ill post some pics once its done.

I don't understand why you'd bother mounting it under, when it's so super easy to put inside, by the fuse box?? I found I wanted it in the cabin while dialing it in. There's a body grommet at the perfect spot that's exactly the right size! I cut a small slit in my grommet then added a dab of RTV/silicone sealant. It really couldn't be easier.

Watch your wire dress from the tranfer case speedometer cable connector to the Yellowbox. I headed out this morning and noticed the speedometer was pegged at 0 - or not working. Crap!.... Well, when I got back home, I crawled under to just eyeball it. It looked like someone had grabbed the harness and connectors and twisted the heck out of it. I pulled the connectors apart, untwisting the wires carefully and luckily noticed that one of the pins had pulled out of the back of the connector. Checked the wires to make sure they weren't damaged and pushed the wire back into the connector on the new harness and it locked back into place! Dodged a bullet, there. I thought that I'd tied it up pretty good when I installed it, but obviously I didn't get the job done. Given the exposure to weeds, shrubs & the like, I had made sure there was nothing hanging down or dangling between TC and wire entrance into cab. There must be quite the "wind tunnel" at that spot. Hopefully my new wire dress holds up better this time. Just a FYI so others don't suffer the same fate or worse.

I don't understand why you'd bother mounting it under, when it's so super easy to put inside, by the fuse box?? I found I wanted it in the cabin while dialing it in. There's a body grommet at the perfect spot that's exactly the right size! I cut a small slit in my grommet then added a dab of RTV/silicone sealant. It really couldn't be easier.
Any chance you have pics of this? I just got mine and really like this idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom