x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I'd bring this back from the grave.

Has anyone come up with a solution for the INSIDE the tailgate channel window guide stuff?

With the weather trying to be nice and my list of projects I can do right now kind of low, I'm ready to finish the SOB off.

Don't know if we covered this in discussion at any point, but the channel on my 40 is similar. I bought some channel material for it which has the basic profile and cross section width I believe. It does not have the cross section height/depth but that may not matter as the glass will ride in the felt area and thus should keep the glass away from the metal run???

I have not tried it yet though.

This is what I did and it works. I bought new window channel for my front and middle seat doors from JCW. When I was changing the window channels out, I was pulling all of the old channelout and throwing on the fllor of the shed. I though....what the heck, I'll see if it will fit in the rear window channels to keep my rear window from rattling around. I put some adhesive in the channels and pushed the old felt from the front windows into the rear channels with a long screwdriver. Let the glue dry.....and no stuff....it works. Not Rattle, no motor bogging down, no slipping out. No problemo.

This is what I did and it works. I bought new window channel for my front and middle seat doors from JCW. When I was changing the window channels out, I was pulling all of the old channelout and throwing on the fllor of the shed. I though....what the heck, I'll see if it will fit in the rear window channels to keep my rear window from rattling around. I put some adhesive in the channels and pushed the old felt from the front windows into the rear channels with a long screwdriver. Let the glue dry.....and no stuff....it works. Not Rattle, no motor bogging down, no slipping out. No problemo.

I like it! Simple and easy. I'll give it a try...

I've been using the hook portion of 2" velcro, works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom