Trade WTT: Downey/Marks Standard 2F Header for Downey/Marks CA 2F Carb Legal Header (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
As the title states, I am looking to trade (only) my standard downey/marks header for a ca spec downey/marks header.

Preferably in socal or surrounding areas. Offer is still vaild if this post is up!

1.jpg

Example:

fj40 031.jpg

Gee Whiz info: bottom photo shows bracket that mounts the EGR cooler to bottom of intake manifold is missing, weight of cast iron cooler will destroy/crack that header

More Gee Whiz info: a portion on the hot air riser that is needed for that Header to in fact be smog level (see pipe welded onto front tube) will not work with that air cleaner, only the air cleaners that have the air input horn on the driver's side. OR hot air riser tube could possibly be necked-down to fit that tube protruding forward from the air cleaner ???

I don't know if you ended up with the Downey smog legal Header jrefj40 had for sale, if so you will need some missing parts. Looking at your 2nd photo above, I believe you can use a 1" I.D. crush collar on the large pipe routing into the rear/back side of the large EGR cooler. Now, looking at the smaller flex tube on top, going from EGR cooler to EGR valve, you might get away with using 5/8" I.D. crush collars ??? They take a genuine Toyota metric crush cooler, no longer available, sooooo good luck with what ever you come up with (maybe some asbestos packing used with 5/8" crush collars)???. I did print another batch of the necessary smog legal decals, so I can be the source for one of those.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the info! I did not end up purchasing that header because I had already started getting the stock exhaust manifold back on.

I still want to trade this header for a carb legal version so that I can swap it in down the road if I choose to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom