WTO Friggin' Rocks! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DoubleNickels

SILVER Star
Threads
Worth stating, shouting, to all listening MUD members. West Texas Offroad goes above and beyond in customer service. Let me share my story and first state that, residing in Boise Idaho which is a 1,331 mile drive from Odessa Texas, I am in no way affiliated with them, just an appreciative customer.

Back in September 2014 I sent my FJ62 steering gearbox off to WTO for a rebuild. It took them about three days to turn it around and it came back spic and span and ready to go. Beautiful. I reinstalled and drove as my DD for a couple months before noticing a small leak was still present around the input shaft seal. About that time I also found a local gentleman parting out an FJ80 and was able to snag a leak-free (and perfectly compatible) gearbox for about $50.

SIX MONTHS LATER, so sometime around mid-April 2015, I emailed the WTO boys and asked them if there was any sort of potential discount if I sent the leaking gearbox back in. Without hesitation they told me they'd warranty it for free, just send it on back. Well, I am a lazy sack with too many side projects, and I didn't mail the gearbox off until the end of June. Regardless West Texas Offroad received the gearbox, pressurized it and let it sit on the bench for a few days to spot the issue, then completely rebuilt it again (new seals) and shipped it back. They even covered shipping.

Catch all that? It took me 10 months to get back to them on an issue I had, and without a grumble they repaired it for free and ate the shipping to get it back in my hands!

Let's hear it for West Texas Offroad!

Thanks for that info.... A gearbox rebuild will be in my future a few years down the line.. I've been pondering where to send it. Now I know. Cool

I love hearing of companies that will cover shipping when they screw up, such a simple request that I rarely can get covered with typical companies, must be a Texas thing, good to hear about WTO!

Thanks for that info.... A gearbox rebuild will be in my future a few years down the line.. I've been pondering where to send it. Now I know. Cool
In the exact same boat so great to know of service like this.

I've sent a couple boxes to WTOR and service and quality of work has been outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom