WTB: early 40 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I know this is the 25 section and I hope I am not intruding but you guys are much more knowledgeable about the first 40's with the cross over FJ25 parts than most out there. I just picked up a 1962 FJ40 and I am in need of a few parts to bring her back to orignal. I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

What I need:
Front bench seat
generator
1 barrel aisin (large sight glass)
air filter housing
corrugated hard top sides
headlights dash knob
choke knob

that is all I can think of off the top of my head, so if you got it let me know

thanks guys
JP

JP,

I will check in the morning to see what I have left from my '63 tear down.

Tony

I have the hard top sides, these are off of a 25 HT with the tall pillar just behind the door,should fit a '62 if your pillars are uncut....hope you are not in a hurry though, I go walkabout in the morning for a few weeks:D Maybe a passenger bench frame too...

No hurry at all I am on tour with the FJ Cruiser Trail Teams for the next 7 months, I am just stock piling parts for when I get home in November :grinpimp:

thanks
JP

JP,

I have the front seat frames, I don't know if they are the "bench seat" type, but the 2 go all the way across (no gap). I can post pics if interested.

Tony

Last edited:
guys I am also looking for some early hubcaps, I have two already so I am looking for 3 more. Also I could use some drive plates, I want to do away with the selecto hubs........

thanks
JP

JP here ya' go.............
snotz 003_small.jpg
snotz 005_small.jpg
snotz 006_small.jpg

more pics.......I am sure I have more , there are cruiser parts all over my garage. The other running board is still on the car.
snotz 007_small.jpg
snotz 008_small.jpg
snotz 012_small.jpg

JP, that's a nice collection Tony has, I'd take it all if I were you. ;)

Tony, I could have used those running boards a few weeks ago, if JP doesn't want them let me know.

Jim,

JP is taking them. If there is anything left over, I will let you know. I still have those ultra rare Husky hubs you noticed earlier :grinpimp:

Do you know anything about the heater????? I have never seen one like it before.

Tony

I have a one barrel that I'll part with for the cause. I also have the oil bath air filter if you dont. I also have a complete corrugated 40 top. Its for a newer 40 though. I have fine spline drive plates I think :( I could have used the steps too :(

I have a one barrel that I'll part with for the cause. I also have the oil bath air filter if you dont. I also have a complete corrugated 40 top. Its for a newer 40 though. I have fine spline drive plates I think :( I could have used the steps too :(

Fox, that is awesome I am in for the the carb. and filter...... just shoot me a PM with how much you want and I will Paypal you the money asap. As for the hardtop I might have to hold off for a while because I imagine the shipping to SC would kill me :doh:

I really appreciate the help :cheers:
JP

Do you just need the headlight knob not the whole switch? I might have one fixable with some epoxy and patience.

Jim thanks for the offer, I actually lucked out today when I stopped by Classic Cruisers in Salida, CO. I got all the dash knobs I needed, early hub caps, and wheels........... they actually had the the generator I needed but the owner wasn't ready to part with it since it was in his softop 1962 FJ40 :grinpimp: it had a pretty early VIN. 10421.......... it also had all the softop bows and the soft doors :eek: I was jealous!!!

I appreciate everyones help with this, all I need now is a generator and some drive flanges.......

:cheers:
JP

Do you just need the headlight knob not the whole switch? I might have one fixable with some epoxy and patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom