WKOR sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bpenn1980

SILVER Star
Threads
Just got my sliders today. First impression: FAWKING stout. Got a couple cans on this afternoon. Hope install is smooth, but these are heavier than I anticipated!

The kids understand playground is closed. They're dependably on team 80 so not a peep of complaint haha. Plus, that dump truck back there should build self-control in my 3yo... or natural selection will run its course. On second thought, who am I kidding, the death wish is strong in the boy, I'll go move it :lol:

PS- Good email communication from the shop and full turn was 11 weeks which was in line with their guidance when I ordered.

PXL_20211117_232554969.jpg

Looking good! I've been considering sliders lately for my rig. Still got the Toyota aluminium side-steps on mine, but they've taken a few hits over the years. Haven't made up my mind on what route I want to go yet. I'll be interested to hear what you think about these once they're all fitted up.

Sliders are next up on my list and I’m considering WKOR. Look forward to install pics.

Install done. One :banana:

Hardware was all accounted for, fit up was perfect, etc. No issues at all. Really happy.

Save some of the box it gets shipped in to lay it out and "stage" the fit up. I did DS first and laid some cardboard on the top of the jack stands to protect the sliders. Not that they arent going to see much worse shortly. Really simple install. Probably took 2-3 hours for both sides working solo.

Prep for install was basic/easy.
PXL_20211121_204046304.jpg

This was where mine ended up on the front. I got the 'long' version.
PXL_20211121_204106118.jpg

DS control arm frame bracket is the limiting factor for fwd position of the slider. Also, I couldnt get the gap between body/slider nice and even on first try. Turned out I had the front bracket tightened up too much. Loosened, pulled slider down and bolted back up. Beautiful.
PXL_20211121_204126649.jpg

PS with the cats was definitely a little trickier. A little "walking" of the jack stands, the help of the OEM bottle jack, and presto!
PXL_20211121_224523389.jpg

Bolting up around the cats was definitely the hardest part of the job. Took some gymnastics under the truck, but got it done. Fit up, again, was perfect. No issues at all.
PXL_20211121_224546579.jpg

Toyota spanner wrench was the MVP tool of the day. I used the knife for trimming the front/rear flare caps. I was able to keep both and it looks great (no pics just yet).
PXL_20211121_231753465.jpg

I'll get these on some rocks in early December while in Death Valley and will try to remember to update, but they're REALLY stout (I got the DOM version, fyi) and I cant imagine them not performing perfectly.

I’ve been beating on my WKOR sliders since 2014. While they are still my choice for the 1993-94 8” series, they are not indestructible. My CAT skid is bent upward at the forward end, I’ve pulled the 8mm bolts out the frame rail so I had to weld a secondary support to the slider that is secured under a cross member bolt. I ended up redoing the crushed tubes and going a good bit wider. I still recommend these sliders and would buy them again knowing what I’ve put them through.

I’ve been beating on my WKOR sliders since 2014. While they are still my choice for the 1993-94 8” series, they are not indestructible. My CAT skid is bent upward at the forward end, I’ve pulled the 8mm bolts out the frame rail so I had to weld a secondary support to the slider that is secured under a cross member bolt. I ended up redoing the crushed tubes and going a good bit wider. I still recommend these sliders and would buy them again knowing what I’ve put them through.
The mount around the cat is where I would guess failure would happen. Its quite a bit of leverage on that mounting point (esp lower bolts) all the way out to the edge/front of the slider. What do you think about drilling out the frame for through bolts + washers/nuts?

I think that’s a good idea as long as the holes in the frame are sleeved. But I think that simply welding a bracket to the CAT skid arm that extends over to the large cross member bolts would probably keep you from ever pulling those small bolts from the frame. It took a lot of pounding to finally start pulling mine out.

If you won’t be rock crawling, this should never be an issue.

Yeah my cat protection has been bent up a bit also to where it's causing the most annoying rattle. I've been meaning to try and get in there to pry it down

Yeah my cat protection has been bent up a bit also to where it's causing the most annoying rattle. I've been meaning to try and get in there to pry it down
I took a hit to mine and tried to bent the cat protection back down but quickly concluded that I'd have to pull the slider in order to get any leverage on it. I solved the rattle by inserting some flat washers above the mounts on the exhaust hangers (which I also replaced) and the end result raised the cats up enough to eliminate that darn rattle.

Are you sure the rattle isn’t the cat heat shield against the cats? A couple years ago I removed the heat shield because of the squeaking and rattling. Doing that also increase the clearance between the cats and slider.

I took a hit to mine and tried to bent the cat protection back down but quickly concluded that I'd have to pull the slider in order to get any leverage on it. I solved the rattle by inserting some flat washers above the mounts on the exhaust hangers (which I also replaced) and the end result raised the cats up enough to eliminate that darn rattle.
Same here, same solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom