Wireless Apple Carplay / Android Auto from Beatsonic for '10-'21 GX 460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
lexusgxor.com
2010-2013 (Estimated release date is January 2023. Email us to be placed on the waiting list: info@beatsonicusa.com) / First orders after 10AM tomorrow (1/30) / subsequent stock in March)

2014-2021 (In-Stock)

lgvif-cb4_1_1000.png
lgvif-cb4_3_1000.png
lgvif-cb4_2_1000.png

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 3.00.03 PM.png

2010-2013 (Estimated release date is January 2023. Email us to be placed on the waiting list: info@beatsonicusa.com) / First orders after 10AM tomorrow (1/30) / subsequent stock in March)

2014-2021 (In-Stock)

lgvif-cb4_1_1000.png
lgvif-cb4_3_1000.png
lgvif-cb4_2_1000.png

View attachment 3233121
Is it an android based device or just carplay/ android auto only?

Reactions: r2m
The only thing that turned me off to it when I went to the website, was it cancels the satellite radio. If one really want's those stations they'll need to have the app on their phone. The problem with that is if you're in the middle of nowhere and loose cell service, I can always fall back on my satellite radio.
Too bad...

This appears to just be Carplay/Android Auto unit but that appears to just be software developer limitation on what apps are allowed.

Probably an Android device at base level though

I’ll probably sit this one out for a while though… I did try to tolerate satellite for a few years but the bit-rate for music was so low I couldn’t listen to it and the valley signal cutouts in my neck of the woods was aggravating.

The only thing that turned me off to it when I went to the website, was it cancels the satellite radio. If one really want's those stations they'll need to have the app on their phone. The problem with that is if you're in the middle of nowhere and loose cell service, I can always fall back on my satellite radio.
Too bad...
I just rely on all my offline music on Spotify.

Too bad...
That's a really good point. The SXM app is pretty s***ty on my phone but works flawlessly on my RAM 2500's factory infotainment system.

This appears to just be Carplay/Android Auto unit but that appears to just be software developer limitation on what apps are allowed.

Probably an Android device at base level though

I’ll probably sit this one out for a while though… I did try to tolerate satellite for a few years but the bit-rate for music was so low I couldn’t listen to it and the valley signal cutouts in my neck of the woods was aggravating.
As an audiophile I've learned to just deal with s*** audio in a vehicle. The audio is only as good as the source...

My point exactly!!! The source Satellite fidelity sucks IMO :)

Reminds me of the sound/bitrate of a 1990's MP3.. and had dropouts all the time on 3 different vehicles while in the Cascades....

Perhaps I am not the target market for satellite?

I think I have some residual angst about all the hassle it took to terminate those satellite contracts. :)

Last edited:
Now playing the highest quality FLAC through my 2019 RAM 2500 Laramie's 17 speaker Harman Kardon does a good job for car audio.

As an audiophile I've learned to just deal with s*** audio in a vehicle. The audio is only as good as the source...
With all due respect MrTorgue, I have to append your comment with, "Audio is only as good as the source it's played in!"
back in the 80's, 90's, early 2000's when audio fidelity wasn't that good in lower to mid level vehicles, and it was common to swap out for aftermarket head units, amps, speakers, etc. People would be dropping a couple thousand dollars on sound systems for a truck, Corolla, Camry, Civic, etc.
Back then, ALL those vehicles had TERRIBLE acoustics! Yeah, you'd have great sound coming out of the speakers, along with ALL the wind noise, road noise, lost sound form the plastic interior, squeaks, rattles and so on. It was basically lipstick on a pig...

Last edited:
With all due respect MrTorgue, I have a append your comment with, "Audio is only as good as the source it's played in!"
back in the 80's, 90's, early 2000's when audio fidelity wasn't that good in lower to mid level vehicles, and it was common to swap out for aftermarket head units, amps, speakers, etc. People would be dropping a couple thousand dollars on sound systems for a truck, Corolla, Camry, Civic, etc.
Back then, ALL those vehicles has TERRIBLE acoustics! Yeah, you'd have great sound coming out of the speakers, along with ALL the wind noise, road noise, lost sound form the plastic interior, squeaks, rattles and so on. It was basically lipstick on a pig...
You are also correct. Today even stock alpine speaker systems are much better than old 90's and 00's Bose systems though. LOL

Reactions: r2m
I’m new here but thought I’d share my thoughts on the BeatSonic wireless CarPlay/AA unit. It’s fantastic. I haven’t had any issues using it in the 2 weeks that I’ve had it installed. It does take a few seconds to connect each time, but it does connect every time. I did not want the USB sticking out from under the dash or console, so I routed it through the side access panel in the glove box with a grommet to protect it from the plastic edges. It’s not cheap, but it is cheaper than an aftermarket wireless head unit and retains all the factory infotainment functions. A huge upgrade for my ‘12 GX.

70588423898__9891038E-06FB-4244-AD8F-AFD02A9302EB.jpeg

70588422856__90B7A04F-A40B-4DBB-8F55-9B3E242456EC.jpeg

IMG_4910.jpeg

$750???

Too bad...

It sounds like it doesn’t totally defeat SAT radio.. only while in use.. lose cell… exit device

Under FAQ:

• Q: Can I listen to the car's radio or SAT radio while in Carplay / Android Auto mode?
  • A: You will not be able to listen to the car's native radio or SAT radio while in Carplay / Android Auto mode. Instead, you may download the SAT radio application and/or radio application on your phone so that you may listen to the radio / SAT radio while in Carplay / Android Auto mode.

@LostTexan

Seeing any of the limitations of the cheaper Grom unit?

https_gromaudio.com/store/vlite/select-lexus-2010-2012-vlite-vt2-carplay®-android®-auto-infotainment-system-navigation-upgrade.html

Some odd filter block is preventing me posting this url here so add the ——> HTTPS://

@LostTexan

https_gromaudio.com/store/vlite/select-lexus-2010-2012-vlite-vt2-carplay®-android®-auto-infotainment-system-navigation-upgrade.html

Some odd filter block is preventing me posting this url here so add the ——> HTTPS://
My local Lexus dealer recommended a call to a local shop that handles all of their audio/video upgrades. They told me they stopped carrying or recommending Grom because there were too many issues. Buggy, only working sometimes when the phase of the moon is just right kind of stuff. They had yet to have any issue with a BeatSonic install. I did the install myself, pretty straightforward.

It sounds like it doesn’t totally defeat SAT radio.. only while in use.. lose cell… exit device

Under FAQ:

• Q: Can I listen to the car's radio or SAT radio while in Carplay / Android Auto mode?
  • A: You will not be able to listen to the car's native radio or SAT radio while in Carplay / Android Auto mode. Instead, you may download the SAT radio application and/or radio application on your phone so that you may listen to the radio / SAT radio while in Carplay / Android Auto mode.
I don’t use satellite radio, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to use the native SAT option. The only thing it eliminates/removes is the Aux & USB inputs under the sliding cover on the front of the console.

@LostTexan

Sorry I didn’t answer your question, I was skimming while watching TV. No I haven’t had any issues that I read about with the Grom unit. It takes the camera an extra second to appear when shifting into R, but I don’t know any aftermarket unit that doesn’t have that camera delay. It’s a short delay anyway. When I start the car it takes 3-5 seconds to connect to my phone, but again, nothing I didn’t expect. All of the steering wheel controls work as they should. I’d like to figure out a wireless charger setup, but for now, I use the 12v power port in front of the console to charge. Being a ‘12, swiping doesn’t work with the screen, but that’s a limitation of the Lexus hardware, not the BeatSonic unit. The alternative to swipe is just to tap the dots on the bottom of the screen to change to the next page of apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom