Wiper insert part numbers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arich

Anthony. aka arich
Threads
Anyone know the parts numbers for just the inserts.
My local Toyota parts guys won’t get them for me

How many use the Toyota inserts vs an aftermarket blade? I typically avoid the multi-segment blade holders and they end up leaving hot spots. I prefer the one-piece flex design like the Bosch Icon.

I've tried tons of high quality aftermarket wipers. The OEM stuff is second to none, and easily outlasts supposedly "better" aftermarket stuff.

Blade inserts for me. They're more of a hassle, but the performance is worth.

TonyP. That looks like the whole arm and blade. I got just the rubber insert from Beno a while pack. Less than $10 each.
I just got new front wipers from Toyota and they were $30 each!!!
I wanted to pick up the inserts so I wouldn’t have to do that again.
If the one piece blades are better I’d like to hear that.

Bringing this BTT. My '15 came with the original OEM blades on it when I got it, but the inserts were shot so I put on a set of Bosch's for the timr being. Now I want to get these magic wipers back since the Bosch's are already starting to streak at only 8 months.

Tried 2 dealers, they won't even order the inserts, they want me to buy the entire blade. Used the numbers that @beno posted, found these on Amazon:

Left: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIA1YD2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Right: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEJDD3A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Left one fit perfect, very easy. Right one is a not fitting, not even close. It's about 1/2" (actually 10mm) too short. The top "T" part of the insert that is supposed to slide into the hooks in the blade is just too fat, there's no way. Old blade on left, new one on right:

IMG_20181109_213615.jpg

Trying to figure out which is wrong, the blade or the insert.

Can't believe how much fuss and time spent on wipers...

Best place to order said wiper inserts? I checked out lexusparts.now, good prices at $7.49 per insert, by the $13 shipping kind of kills the savings.

Per lexusparts.now, wiper insert's part numbers for the LX:
RR: 85214-31010
LH: 85214-30380
RH: 85214-53080

Not sure why these numbers differ from the numbers @beno wrote above for the LC?

Same problem, 85214-0T040 does not fit on the passanger (RH) side.

And 85214-0T040 supersedes 85214-53080, apparently.

The original RH blade is a 560mm long and I think 85214-0T040 is 550mm and thicker.

Link below also shows the same part number.

I guess I will order entire wiper and hopefully it will come with the thicker style insert can be replaced in the future.

WINDSHIELD WIPER | LAND CRUISER URJ202L-GNTEKC GRJ200,URJ202,UZJ200 | Toyota | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

I spent too much time on this, and I think I have things finally figured out.

Turns out the blades on my truck are not the originals, but a "universal" fit sold at a Toyota dealer. I went and had a chat with a parts guy, showed him one of the blades, and he said "oh no way that is a factory blade, that's a generic replacement that we sell". Did some more searching, and here is what I found:

Original factory blades that came on these trucks:
Left (driver) side: 85222-42110, length is 600mm, right on the box.
Rights (passenger) side: 85222-53071, length is 550mm, right on the box.

These blades are made in Japan, are very high quality, and include new inserts. They have a profile that uses the airflow to force them down on the windshield. I ordered a pair from McGeorge Toyota, they were $20.31 each (not including shipping). The mounting part of the blade looks like this, if you want to compare with yours:

IMG_20181206_212152.jpg

Versus the blades that were on my truck when I bought it, I saw the logo and assumed they were original:
IMG_20181206_212326.jpg

The inserts that beno provided the part numbers for fit these blades perfectly. But dealers do not want to stock them or even order them, as they have to order 10 of them, and then they get stuck with them. Nobody buys inserts anymore, they just buy new blades.

I can confirm what @KLF has found, the blades without the Toyota logo look exactly the same as my '17, and the inserts (85214-06140 & 85214-0T040) are a perfect fit.

I swapped out inserts last night purchased from the Amazon links posted above.

Cool info, guys. My 2015 came with the wipers with the Sombrero logos on them, so I thought they were the originals.

I love this site! :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom