Windows..FIXED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Threads
963
Messages
9,396
Location
Powell River, BC
Those pesky windows......
Well *I think* I have my window issues all fixed now. After years of f'n around with all various remedies that did nothing or were just band aids, they all work quite well now.
That rocket mod was worth every penny, yes it is expensive but it works as advertised.


This last fix was a simple drivers side switch replacement, as my drivers side, and passenger rear, would randomly stop and not work at all.
Picked this replacement switch from Amazon and it works fantastic, was $48 at the time (seems to be out of stock now though).
I think I like it better than the OEM one actually, the switches have a nice "stiffer" action on them, and the "auto" lights up. Auto function only seems to work for down though, which is fine as it always seemed to be a game of down up down up with the original one.


PXL_20260818_173508024.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice, good to hear you found success.

I too grab a window rocket and it is silly (in a good way). I may need to change out my master switch like you as my rear passenger won't work from that switch.
 
At first, I too thought it was expensive, but then I realized I could've spent money on new runs, new motors, new regulators all around and I would still have slow windows

Excellent product


I concur. The window runs themselves are getting pretty pricey.
 
Those pesky windows......
Well *I think* I have my window issues all fixed now. After years of f'n around with all various remedies that did nothing or were just band aids, they all work quite well now.
That rocket mod was worth every penny, yes it is stupid expensive but it works as advertised.


This last fix was a simple drivers side switch replacement, as my drivers side, and passenger rear, would randomly stop and not work at all.
Picked this replacement switch from Amazon and it works fantastic, was $48 at the time (seems to be out of stock now though).
I think I like it better than the OEM one actually, the switches have a nice "stiffer" action on them, and the "auto" lights up. Auto function only seems to work for down though, which is fine as it always seemed to be a game of down up down up with the original one.


View attachment 4197121
This is a very satisfying product
 
Back
Top Bottom