For Sale WI: '96 FZJ80 Stock DD with Lockers, 132K mi, $7500 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my stock 1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser, VIN # JT3HJ85J4T0115922. Asking $7500, which is probably a bit under-valued, but I’m looking for a quick, local sale since I bought a new vehicle. I’d love to keep it, but I have nowhere to store it.

I bought it in 2005 with about 85K miles on it. It was my lightly-used daily driver until 2010, when it became my wife’s lightly-used daily driver. It now has just under 132K miles on it. I have all the records since I purchased it. It has primarily been serviced by Andrew Toyota in Milwaukee, WI. Some recent service was done at Scott’s Automotive in Pewaukee, WI by a Toyota Master Mechanic who really knows these trucks. I’ve put about $3K into repairs in the last year. Some recent service includes:
  • 4 new brakes/rotors and rear brake lines
  • New rear shocks
  • Nearly all emissions equipment (including cats) have been replaced in the last couple of years, including a new O2 sensor last Fall.
  • New A/C condenser. Note: A/C still won’t hold a charge, so needs further diagnosis.

It has all the factory options, including factory lockers and 3rd-row seats, except the wood grain dashboard. It’s Dark Emerald Pearl and Moonglow 2-tone exterior with Gray leather interior. There are some scratches on the left rear (see pics) and some small paint bubbles starting on the rear hatch. It’s been garage-kept and well-maintained since I bought it. Per Scott’s Automotive, it’s got a lot of life left in it and any rust is just on the surface…no structural concerns. Also, the head gasket was replaced just before I bought it in 2005 by Safro Toyota in Brookfield, WI. I purchased it at Safro and was told that the previous owner was a member of the Safro family.

These pictures were taken today without any prep or even a wash. This is how it looks in real life.

Looking for $7500 and a quick, local sale. I live in Milwaukee near Bayshore Mall and work in Waukesha. PM me if you’re interested!

IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG

To me it looks like surface rust on non sheet metal parts, axles, stabilizer bars etc. Who cares. Very low miles and a fair price.
Instead of trashing this guys sale (no I don't know him) try shutting your keyboard pie hole.
I need a vehicle for my daughter, if you were closer I'd come look for sure.

...Do the lockers work?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I bought the truck as a daily driver and to have some occasional fun in the woods. The latter never really happened. I have never used the lockers. When I engage them, the center and front lights glow solid, but the rears blink. So, the rear may need some diagnosis.

IMG_1393.JPG

To me it looks like surface rust on non sheet metal parts, axles, stabilizer bars etc. Who cares. Very low miles and a fair price.

Thanks, Gappy. My mechanic at Scott's Automotive said the same thing.... Surface rust only. No structural concerns.

I need a vehicle for my daughter, if you were closer I'd come look for sure.

Milwaukee isn't that far from Indiana. ;) Did I mention there's a beer garden about a mile from my house? :beer:

Posting another pic to better show the new cats and the surface rust. The cats cost over $2K and were installed a couple of years ago.

IMG_1398.JPG

I think you could have that thing 90% clean with a grinding wheel/wire brush in a weekend.

Thanks, Ocho77. I'm not up for any more projects, but it seems like a great opportunity for someone to purchase it, clean it up, and either enjoy the truck or resell for a healthy profit!

Posting some additional pics of the interior. Seats are in fantastic condition. Driver's side has moderate wear, but no cracks.

IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG

Also a reminder that I have all books and records back to 2005.

IMG_1410.JPG

You've got a great rig at a great price here. If I lived in the Midwest I would definitely come and get it from you. As others have mentioned, de-rusting the underside could be done patiently and without completely disasembling it.

Selling my stock 1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser, VIN # JT3HJ85J4T0115922. Asking $7500, which is probably a bit under-valued, but I’m looking for a quick, local sale since I bought a new vehicle. I’d love to keep it, but I have nowhere to store it.

I bought it in 2005 with about 85K miles on it. It was my lightly-used daily driver until 2010, when it became my wife’s lightly-used daily driver. It now has just under 132K miles on it. I have all the records since I purchased it. It has primarily been serviced by Andrew Toyota in Milwaukee, WI. Some recent service was done at Scott’s Automotive in Pewaukee, WI by a Toyota Master Mechanic who really knows these trucks. I’ve put about $3K into repairs in the last year. Some recent service includes:
  • 4 new brakes/rotors and rear brake lines
  • New rear shocks
  • Nearly all emissions equipment (including cats) have been replaced in the last couple of years, including a new O2 sensor last Fall.
  • New A/C condenser. Note: A/C still won’t hold a charge, so needs further diagnosis.

It has all the factory options, including factory lockers and 3rd-row seats, except the wood grain dashboard. It’s Dark Emerald Pearl and Moonglow 2-tone exterior with Gray leather interior. There are some scratches on the left rear (see pics) and some small paint bubbles starting on the rear hatch. It’s been garage-kept and well-maintained since I bought it. Per Scott’s Automotive, it’s got a lot of life left in it and any rust is just on the surface…no structural concerns. Also, the head gasket was replaced just before I bought it in 2005 by Safro Toyota in Brookfield, WI. I purchased it at Safro and was told that the previous owner was a member of the Safro family.

These pictures were taken today without any prep or even a wash. This is how it looks in real life.

Looking for $7500 and a quick, local sale. I live in Milwaukee near Bayshore Mall and work in Waukesha. PM me if you’re interested!

View attachment 1461686 View attachment 1461687 View attachment 1461688 View attachment 1461689 View attachment 1461690
Do you still have it? I am local and interested

8d597fd1cd31038d3922853dfd184c03.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom