Who is running Doug Thorley Headers on a VVTI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Thinking of pulling the trigger on DT headers for our 06. Because of the steep price of admission Im looking for some feedback and reviews.

DT VVTI.jpg

I am also considering for a 2007.

Have you heard anything as for pros, cons, or HP gains?

Hoping the install is 100% bolt in with the ability of using factory exhaust piping flanges. Eliminating need for exhaust modification offset the cost some.:)

Phil are your stock manifolds leaking? If they were it would be an easy jump. Otherwise I'm not sure any performance benefit would stand alone enough to be worth the effort and expense. My prior experience with headers in general has been "why did I start this..."

Phil are your stock manifolds leaking? If they were it would be an easy jump. Otherwise I'm not sure any performance benefit would stand alone enough to be worth the effort and expense. My prior experience with headers in general has been "why did I start this..."

Ya us old guys dont have great horrible experience with header but we continued to run them.:doh: On the flip side I remember my collector days of 70SS BB Chevy and paying huge money for stock manifolds.

Im hoping the new generation:rolleyes: with help from CNC, better materials, and input from the the old guys have stepped up. The research from the non VVTI DT SS looks positive.

If you can get 10% 25hp thats only $35 per HP - Sounds like a good male justification value:rolleyes:

I have found over the years it does matter how much HP you have you will eventually find the bottom of the throttle and want more

Last edited:
I haven’t seen anything on the VVTI version but I do have a leaker so I need to replace it with something.

Ya us old guys dont have great horrible experience with header but we continued to run them.:doh: On the flip side I remember my collector days of 70SS BB Chevy and paying huge money for stock manifolds.

Im hoping the new generation:rolleyes: with help from CNC, better materials, and input from the the old guys have stepped up. The research from the non VVTI DT SS looks positive.

If you can get 10% 25hp thats only $35 per HP - Sounds like a good male justification value:rolleyes:

I have found over the years it does matter how much HP you have you will eventually find the bottom of the throttle and want more

I hear you on all counts Phil. You do know however that if you slap those on a stock single exhaust will seem, well, lame. Go big and dual it. The exhaust note alone will be worth every penny.....:grinpimp:

I hear you on all counts Phil. You do know however that if you slap those on a stock single exhaust will seem, well, lame. Go big and dual it. The exhaust note alone will be worth every penny.....:grinpimp:

The man in me agrees 100%. I have removed the rear resonator can and changed the waterheater of a muffler to something 1/2 it weight/size but because its our travel/tow car it needs to remain wife approved limiting some of the proper mods.

The man in me agrees 100%. I have removed the rear resonator can and changed the waterheater of a muffler to something 1/2 it weight/size but because its our travel/tow car it needs to remain wife approved limiting some of the proper mods.

Well, in that case, I hope the front exhaust pipes are shot and the muffler has a broken baffle. :hillbilly:

Dt headers should add about the same to vvti engines. The original header design is so restrictive.

One of the best upgrades out there. Install is pricey.

Eight
Seventy
Five

for headers? :cautious: Headers weren't that expensive in 1979. Did something happen? :zilla:

Eight
Seventy
Five

for headers? :cautious: Headers weren't that expensive in 1979. Did something happen? :zilla:

875 2017 Dollars = 245 1979 Dollars. Sounds about right.:meh:

I have the DT Headers and Exhaust and love it. Ran them both for the last 4 years. With those and a tune it's a beast.

A little off-topic, but similar and maybe someone in this thread will have an answer.... I was wondering about the Doug Thorley Cat-back system on a VVTI also. Their website shows the cat-back as fitting 99-05, which really doesn't make any sense. Why not 98, and why not 06-07? I assumed the exhaust was the same for the whole 100 series run, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyone have it on an 06-07? I'd love a little more growl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom