Where to Eat! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everyone stop what you are doing, go to Lou's and order the damn quail special. Holy crap it was good. Reminds me of some of the best stuff I've had in New Orleans.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the bread pudding is why it is my 3 year old's favorite restaurant.

IMG_7297.JPG

IMG_7298.JPG

Damn... I had the Quail too. Y'all he shoved mudbug tails up that quails a$$, was delicious. The corn bread was crisp on the outside, still moist but crumbly on the inside. The soft shell crab was fantasic as well, whoever was doing the knife work on that prep is a ninja.

Another great evening at Lou's and I even saw Andy on the way in.

Edit: and I felt like a giant eating those little drumsticks.

Ate at Parlor Market last night, felt like I was cheating on Lou's, but I did just eat there last weekend.

The General Tso's pork cheeks are amazing. The whole thing. Delicious. Worth going just for this.

The Yakamein was good, fell a bit flat compared to the General, everything was cooked well and tasted good, just didn't have the big taste. Should have eaten this first.

My wife had the fried oyster salad, the grilled romaine really sets it apart. The dressing and fried oysters go along with the grilled romaine very well. My wife's favorite thing there. She also had the duck carbonarra (however it's spelled). I got a bite of the duck, it was good. My wife enjoyed it. They brought out one of the huge knives for her, it wasn't needed, the duck came apart using just the fork.

I had a tuna special, rare tuna (cool) over maque choux (my wife just told me how to spell it, think shrimp and grits without the grits, hot), with a bacon something jelly on top (warm). So the three temperatures together was interesting and I never would have thought of putting bacon with Tuna. The flavors were balanced so the tuna still came through. I'm glad I had it, probably wouldn't order it again though.

For dessert my wife had the walk down memory lane, as an elementary school teacher she loves the presentation (but she brought like half of it home). I had the Rum+Coke Float. The rum ice cream was alright, didn't blow me away, and the two other ingredients were store bought (cane sugar coke and one of those french chocolate filled cookie straw things).

Finally tried the Feathered Cow out at their new Rez location. Had "The Stupid" burger. The burger was good reminded me of 5 guys but with more interesting burger topping options. Less greasy than 5 guys for sure. I love garlic, so I may be skewed some by the roasted garlic aoli and what not that was on the bruger. I could definitely feel that I had some stank breath after eating it which in my book marks it as appropriately garlicy. Atmosphere was nice, our waitress wasn't so great. I'd go back. Definite contender for top 10, but its not unseating the top two for sure.

IMG_8942.JPG
Food truck brisket was out of this world
IMG_8897.JPG
Best Tacos i have ever had.

Food truck was in Austin
Torchy's was in Dallas.

IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2215.JPG
Decided to treat myself on my last day on the road. Stopped in Steamboat Springs and found this spot, Mountain atop Brewery.

Nice open patio, relaxed atmosphere.

The menu is sparse but the food they do offer is great. Everything I had was wonderfully tasteful. I chose olives to start, arugula salad (I needed some greens), and lastly a margherita pizza.

Overall a good lunch spot. Ohh and the beer was good too!

We post some far out places to eat if you consider Lou's the epicenter of Cottonlandia grub but......

If you find yourself in Kobani Syria I can provide coordinates

IMG_5957.JPG

Best I've ever had. Olive oil from a farm 3 miles away. Yogurt like texture

IMG_5963.JPG

Watched them kill the lamb. Chicken was good too
IMG_5960.JPG

Fresh local veggies, salt, olive oil and lemon. Bread cooked on site.

IMG_5964.JPG

Owner's nephew washing our trucks..... didn't realize they are white.

IMG_5938.JPG

Post lunch Op downtown. Thankfully no action as I ate for 3.

Y'all be good

Yeah, I'll pass on the Syria recommendation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom