Where to Eat! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Breakfast of champions in the 073.
92F4F512-5D24-44D5-8FE5-7BC088AD72F9.jpeg

Ate at Fill-up with Billups in Madison this morning. The food was great for a breakfast diner, good overall. Portions were good as well. No kids menu which kinda sucks, my daughter was the most expensive since she wanted a waffle and bacon (obviously takes after me). Service was just ok/passable. They are still fairly new I guess, but hopefully their service will get better.

Ate at Fill-up with Billups in Madison this morning. The food was great for a breakfast diner, good overall. Portions were good as well. No kids menu which kinda sucks, my daughter was the most expensive since she wanted a waffle and bacon (obviously takes after me). Service was just ok/passable. They are still fairly new I guess, but hopefully their service will get better.
I had high expectations for the place, but to me, the waffles tasted like they were made of cornbread. Disappointed. How do you mess up a waffle?

Looking forward to the Waffle house trailer at Crawl next year.........

I had high expectations for the place, but to me, the waffles tasted like they were made of cornbread. Disappointed. How do you mess up a waffle?

Looking forward to the Waffle house trailer at Crawl next year.........

Emma of course got the cinnamon roll waffle, it was actually pretty good. Didn’t get much of the waffle taste, the bite I got was covered in the icing and was pretty good, perhaps as a result of the icing.

I did the Hangover part 1, grillades were pretty good, could have been more tender and I think there could have been more hash brown action in there. But it was a decent plate of food. My wife got the Honey Hot Chicken grits, not really my thing but she liked it.

I’m stilll campaigning for the Waffle House trailer and I know Rob wants it too.

Lous is still hands down the best restaurant in town caught him swigging away on an energy drink

Brisket Insane
Redfish insane
Good beers
Good service
20% mil discount....
Evolving, interesting, unique off the chain menu
3C5FD71A-4CB5-4A55-9BCD-3890F3E1CA96.jpeg
EF0E2813-D3A6-4DF0-BB2D-F758DB566D9D.jpeg
BA5BFBE8-09B8-4806-AF5D-97402A0B9BB0.jpeg
752503F3-693D-4EBE-9FED-EAC0DD3B2164.jpeg
589ECA8C-F060-47B8-8AFC-DA2499575BEA.jpeg
3C5FD71A-4CB5-4A55-9BCD-3890F3E1CA96.jpeg

FC3A5139-807B-45A8-889B-A1007A5665B4.jpeg
76134ECA-C568-41DA-9FF0-16D96BACC8F3.jpeg

I know it’s been covered but the Neon Pig in Tupelo is legit!

I need to give you some 49 Tire stickers...

There's a new Indian food place in Gluckstadt that is good, Kebab and Curry. They've got a shrimp appetizer that is ridiculously good "Chili and Garlic Shrimp" and the Lamb Tikka Kebab is good, they have two really good dipping sauces. Get that shrimp app and some of the garlic naan, fantastic.

Also shout outs to Madison Ichiban. I saw JRobs sign out front while it was under construction and was going to start bugging him if construction ran late. I can now get my all I can eat Sushi fix with out driving across the spill way.

Looking forwards to some Lou’s tonight. Shrimp Crunch, Steak Frites, maybe a crab cake, maybe dessert. That veal chop looked pretty good though, I’ll listen attentively when I’m told the specials. That may be a game time decision. I don’t know about all these fruity v-day drinks though he’s pushing. Rose water in a whiskey sour? C’mon @under_psi ...

Any one else got some good food plans today?

In Virginia for my BIL wedding this weekend, can’t visit without eating at Doumar’s. Established in 1904, the original owner Abe Doumar invented the Waffle Cone Machine. Everything is still made in house from the ice cream to the BBQ. They even make there own Hot Sauce. Needless to say I ate like a fool, 3 BBQ Sandwiches, a Cheeseburger, order of fries, Vanilla Milkshake and a Cherry Coke.
6FBC8433-F8E9-4958-BC1F-4BA90DCF9A9C.jpeg

Perfect lunch before catching a plane. Cheeseburger rolled up like a hot dog and a Slurpee. I feel bad for whoever is in seat 33b from Norfolk to Atlanta
C8BD8EB0-ACC2-40E5-BE78-915D9A1EC97B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom