Where is the obd port on a 92 land cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There isn't one.

You have now used your "1 freebie" :rofl:

Srsly, it's OBD1 (if that) so you get the terminals in the center tunnel.

Ok the jig is up. There is no OBD2 port but there should be a "diagnostic" connector at the back left corner of the engine bay if you are looking at it. It's a little gray box.

Ok the jig is up. There is no OBD2 port but there should be a "diagnostic" connector at the back left corner of the engine bay if you are looking at it. It's a little gray box.

Did 3FE's get the diagnosic port (really, IDK)?

I know the port, just wonder that old.

They did!

Here, cause I feel bad for OP now...

2vMccj9.jpg

At the factory maybe. You shove a paperclip in it and count the blinks of the CEL. Other diagnostics do involve measuring voltages and stuff between different pins. But that just takes a multimeter.

So, what's reasonable? Matco tools sells a unit that can read it for $900 ish with the Toyota module lol. There are some cheaper ones by Innova that can read some OBD1 vehicles...not sure of toyota specifically but those units used to be close to $300.

I'm not sure how much of this is satire and isn't....

Though I don't have one, I know the 3FE EFI system is similar to all of toyota earlier EFI systems, which I do know pretty well.

The EFI system is pretty simple and at times getting a code means something is pretty far out of the normal.

The diag port can give a little info but really most useful is the E1 and T (or Te1) jumper to read when a code is present (or to check base timing, no codes will result in the engine light flashing constant), and the next useful thing (especially on AFM systems) is the fuel pump port - where you can bypass the AFM system / circuit opening relay to run the pump directly as a diagnostic method.

Usually problems are something simple - vacuum leak, bad ECU ground, or bad wiring.

This is OBD1 1fz-fe (not 3fe) but YMMV - OBD1READ Scan tools

That is a glorified piece of jumper wire. There is nothing to "scan" in the earlier systems.

A CEL means a sensor has failed or is sending an incorrect reading, but will not tell you what the reading is not what it should be -a jumper wire and a book (or the internet) coupled with a multimeter is all you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom