Where Have you Driven Your 40-Series This Week?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.


She’s just out of a 7 year coma seems stable for now. Told she needs new fluids. And her headliner was completely gone but was told they can reattach it . Modern marvel!!

IMG_1835.webp


IMG_1834.webp
 
I met him briefly and he said he does T shirts for the Rising Sun 4x4 club, and I think he does some of the fab work for @nakman (Gamiviti). Not sure if he's on the mud forums or what his username is though, sorry!

EDIT: I believe the owner is @arthog
 
Last edited:
Your slipping Johnny. Stan's 74 was originally a hard top. Barn door and and no threaded holes for eyebolts in the dash. The hinges are also for hard doors. Vader light was replaced with a light in the B pillar. Still haven't figured out of there is a pattern why footman loops were installed on hard tops 72-74.

Had the same Kayline top I picked up here on Mid back in 2009.
View attachment 4221470
Uses twists in the corners versus footman loops.and straps.
My ‘74 was a hardtop and I had added the Kayline soft top and a Downey Toyota 1/2 cab in ‘76. Those loops came in handy. I thought they were there in case anyone changed to a soft top.

1976 Short Hillsd FJ40 .webp
 
Last edited:
Hello
Newbie here my brother gave me this 1984 Saudi Arabian fj40 with power steering and factory air conditioning. Used to wheel with fj 40s 30 years ago my brother bought this and it sat in his garage
So I asked what’s he doing with it he said take it! Then delivered it. Changed the gas and it fired up!! Now she has a new home and he has the room in his garage.

Curious about the rims. Did your brother add those? Most Middle East 40 came with sixteen inch split rims. Those rims would correct for the US market if fifteen inch and if any FJ40s were imported to the US in 1984. Not impossible the white spoke rims were special order.
 
Curious about the rims. Did your brother add those? Most Middle East 40 came with sixteen inch split rims. Those rims would correct for the US market if fifteen inch and if any FJ40s were imported to the US in 1984. Not impossible the white spoke rims were special order.
Not sure?. But I’d say probably also I noticed no manual locking hubs?. Trying to figure that out. Any advice ?
 
OE style hubs are available. Drive plate were standard in the US market up to the late 1970s at least. Aftermarket locking hubs were added to most. I have a front axle from a mid 1984 troopy from Australia. It has Warn locking hubs. My guess locking hubs from the factory were an option in Middle East as well. Can either install aftermarket hubs or order OE style from one of the vendors on Mud.
 
OE style hubs are available. Drive plate were standard in the US market up to the late 1970s at least. Aftermarket locking hubs were added to most. I have a front axle from a mid 1984 troopy from Australia. It has Warn locking hubs. My guess locking hubs from the factory were an option in Middle East as well. Can either install aftermarket hubs or order OE style from one of the vendors on Mud.
OE style hubs are available. Drive plate were standard in the US market up to the late 1970s at least. Aftermarket locking hubs were added to most. I have a front axle from a mid 1984 troopy from Australia. It has Warn locking hubs. My guess locking hubs from the factory were an option in Middle East as well. Can either install aftermarket hubs or order OE style from one of the vendors on Mud.
yes. I just ordered the own black with Crome hub cap I like that look better also need gasket for oil drain!!
 
I met him briefly and he said he does T shirts for the Rising Sun 4x4 club, and I think he does some of the fab work for @nakman (Gamiviti). Not sure if he's on the mud forums or what his username is though, sorry!

EDIT: I believe the owner is @arthog

That looks like his 55. If it is his name is Terry Holben.
 
Took me mountain biking
IMG_8651.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom