wheel suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, I found that post after my message!

I've also since identified a couple Toyota dealers that have 30%+ discounts online to get the price down to ~$160 per wheel...Will have to call around next week,

check out stealth customs

F5 - https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/collections/toyota/products/f5

these are the best quality wheel finish i’ve had on any wheels i’ve ever owned! they are excellent and look great on a 60
IMG_3748.jpeg

not the cheapest option but definite value for $ spent

Last edited:
Everyone’s taste is very different. If you have the tolerance for spacers, that can allow you to run a wheel like the Tacoma steel wheel. Looks good, relatively inexpensive, 7” wide (maybe 7.5”), works great with 1.25”-1.5” spacer

mine are 16s i have to check my tire size though. i forget off hand. i do know that the clearance is good and no spacers are needed

they are essentially a 33 inch tire 11.5 inches wide

Last edited:
I'm ready to jump to the 16 wheel on my 60...This seems to be the most recent thread on the OEM 16 inch wheels....so, I wanted to hear folks' experience ordering them...

Today, a local dealer quote me at $260 per wheel...has the price changed?

Also, any issues getting damaged wheels? This dealer suggested they often get wheels damaged in transit and it would need to likely order multiples to get a clean set (not at my cost mind you, but it did sound like a headache)... Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks,

Post in thread 'What did you do with your 60 this weekend?'
What did you do with your 60 this weekend? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-60-this-weekend.791380/post-15138744

This was my experience earlier this summer, $260 / wheel seems too high to me for a steel wheel. Mine arrived with some scuffs, but nothing some touch up paint couldn’t fix. I don’t know how much of the damage happened between Toyota and the dealer, or between the dealer and me.

I ordered one of these for a spare, got it delivered for $157 which was the best price I could find. From Lewis Toyota in Topeka KS. My local AZ dealers were quoting $180-200 and I'd have to pick up. Came poorly packed in a U-haul box, but had the normal shipping cap & label intact inside the box. No damage noted.

But maybe someone who has them can help with this... the label didn't say Toyota anywhere on it. The welds look a little suspect, maybe they're fine, but curious what others look like, as well as the stamping. Does this look legit?

edit: @OGBeno your thoughts?
IMG_4244 copy.jpg
IMG_4243 copy.jpg

IMG_4245 copy.jpg

That's what mine looked like. I mixed up epoxy and put it in a syringe and filled in the cracks around the edge between the welds since they always rust, then painted the whole rim again myself.

When I sold my third gen 4Runner I picked up some decent used Michelin tires and installed them on the original SR5 rims. I then installed the five spoke 4Runner rims on my FJ62 because the tread was in better shape then what was on the original 15" rims. Had to use 1" spacer. I liked these rims since they first came out to use on a 40 series. Originally these were real expensive. Over the years I've picked up three sets cheap off CL. The look on the 60 series has grown on me.
IMG_20201021_131843754.jpg
IMG_20201021_131831390.jpg

I like the look of these TRD 17" rims.
20220226_101254.jpg
20220330_130225.jpg

They come in a few colors including bronze. But for the cost of one new rim was able coupe set of the earlier 16" 4Runner rims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom