Wheel spacers and aftermarket light upgrades - 2-for-1 thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
  1. @Chuy and I had a quick discussion over on the local Az group board concerning spacers to possibly help stabilize the ride via a slightly wider stance. Anyone here done this for that specific reason (I know some go with spacers to accommodate different wheels)? If so, please share some real-world feedback (esp. if you have any before/after impressions).
  2. My brights just don't have the throw or the spread I want when up north where deer and elk are roadside probably 50% of the time I drive at night. Anyone have any "these lights are fantastic" upgrade recommendations? I think the driving lights are good enough but if you've got any solid upgrades there as well, let's hear 'em.
As for the lights, I'm not a fan of the bluish color that was prevalent a few years back. I'm more interested in a similar color temperature to stock if not slightly whiter, FYI.

Thanks in advance....

--t

1. I have 0 offset wheels with 35x12.50R17 tires. 12.50 with that offset makes for a nice wide stance. More work to be done to make that wide a tire fit in terms of BMC, etc. 35s take a lot more :)
2. I have BPS G8 LEDs and they are white and very bright. They sell lows and highs. I also had my headlights blacked out and it stops the scatter and the beam is much better.
18033052_10154586129278123_2695717734912219406_n.jpg

2. I have BPS G8 LEDs and they are white and very bright. They sell lows and highs. I also had my headlights blacked out and it stops the scatter and the beam is much better.
View attachment 1494145

Are you running the G8's for both low (H11) and high (9005) beams? Did you get any LEDs for your fogs?

Those G8's don't appear to be for sale any longer on Amazon but the G7's are (fewer lumens). There's a zillion manufacturers of these LEDs, no recognized brands. Did you know in advance BPS was a reliable manufacturer or did you just go with them based on price/fit/specs?

Thx man....

BTW, that stance looks great.

Last edited:
I bought almost all the LEDs available and tried them. There was a LOT of testing with folks on GXOR and we came up with the G8s.

I got both high and low. The bumper came with fog halogens and I like the light temp so I left them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom