Wheel Spacers and 16" Tacoma Steel Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boss Hog

Cutty say he can’t HANG!!
Threads
So I'm fed up with the endless searching of trying to figure out exactly what size wheel spacers I need. A million threads and I still don't know the answer.

I'm trying to mount my 16" Tacoma spare steelies on my FJ60. I know someone has done this and knows the answer...I have a line on some 1" Borla spacers, but I'm not confident those will be enough and I just read something about needing to cut .5" off the front studs to make them work. Can anyone help me?

00t0t_iRqgbBbWZ4M_1200x900.jpg

I ran 1-1/4" spacers on 16" Tacoma steel wheels, they were off a 2016. They worked fine, they also worked with older 15" taco steel rims. I did not have to modify any thing with that set up.

I ran the knock offs you can get on amazon, made in China. Same dimensions, and they fit fine.
Have you thrown one on the front to make sure you need spacers? I had plenty of room.

If the have the same Back spacing as the FJC steelies (17” 4.5BS) then you will need 1.5” spacers.

I like the look. Are you planning on running them as they are? Or planning to paint or powder coat?

Have you thrown one on the front to make sure you need spacers? I had plenty of room.
I put one on the front passenger side when I did my knuckles a few weeks ago and it rubbed.

If the have the same Back spacing as the FJC steelies (17” 4.5BS) then you will need 1.5” spacers.

I like the look. Are you planning on running them as they are? Or planning to paint or powder coat?

I’m gonna run them as is. Powdercoat and paint? Aint nobody got time for that!!

Ah bummer. I'm curious what the difference is on the wheels.
Not sure if you have a spot locally to you but I was going to take the wheels to get the backspacing altered if they didn't fit.
I believe they charge $50 a wheel...

Have you considered running the 16" 70 series steel wheels? Seems like a much better fit and no need for spacers either.

Though the wheels you have there will certainly look good. I always liked that style on old Toyotas.

Have you considered running the 16" 70 series steel wheels? Seems like a much better fit and no need for spacers either.

Though the wheels you have there will certainly look good. I always liked that style on old Toyotas.
I HAVE considered the 70-series rims. Ideally, I would have a 16" wheel that I didn't need spacers for. I'm a function over form type guy. BUT, I got a sweetheart deal on these wheels. And I already have 255/85/16s on Coopers on my wrecked 80 I can throw on.

If you know someone that has 70 series wheels and wants to swap, let a brother know!

@NookShneer is correct you need 1.5" spacers all around. I had these on my first FJ60 and that is what the PO had on there.

They will be fine if you get good quality ones. Do not buy cheap ones or you will have nothing but issues.

That rig had a 4" lift and ran 35" TrXus. The PO drove it all over CO and I drove it all over VA. the next owner all of SC and then sold it with the same tires on it. None of us every had issues with the spacers.

Last edited:
My man-thank you! 1.5" is what it will be.
Ah bummer. I'm curious what the difference is on the wheels.
Not sure if you have a spot locally to you but I was going to take the wheels to get the backspacing altered if they didn't fit.
I believe they charge $50 a wheel...

I didn't know you could do that...

Yeah neither did I till I started talking to my rodder friends

@NookShneer is correct you need 1.5" spacers all around. I had these on my first FJ60 and that is what the PO had on there.

They will be fine if you get good quality ones. Do not buy cheap ones or you will have nothing but issues.

That rig had a 4" lift and ran 35" TrXus. The PO drove it all over CO and I drove it all over VA. the next owner all of SC and then sold it with the same tires on it. None of us every had issues with the spacers.
Do you know if these wheels are hub-centric or lug-centric? I'm learning more about wheels than I thought was possible...

"Working" from home today, so on my "break", I swapped the driver and passenger seat. Just avoided the $200 $OR new seat foam. Trying to get Walt ready for the off-road trip to Cruiserfest 2018!

Not sure. I never ballanced mine and they came with the 60. Someone with better knowlege of toyota wheels would know.
I just know what was on the rig when i got it.

I want to 'preciate all your responses and for pointing me in the right direction. I can see clearly now the path I must take. Hopefully this small thread will help someone in the future when the exact same question is asked.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom