Wheel Spacer Questions... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those don't look right. They look like rear spacers. The front spacers have "teeth" or indents to allow for the hub bolts. Front spacers can only be oriented one way. Get them from the source......Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings for your car! | Motorsport Tech

If you look closely at the attached image, you'll notice that the spacers on the right (front spacers) have indents/teeth. These are my BORA spacers btw. Already spoken for though.

View attachment 1632664
Good redirect ... they have a model selector tool ... much easier

Thanks

Good redirect ... they have a model selector tool ... much easier

Thanks

You're very welcome. The BORA spacers are top-notch. Super quality construction. You have to be deliberate and careful when mounting the front wheels as it's easy to pinch one of the teeth off if you get to quick. Take your time and tighten each lug slowly and go through the cross-rotation multiple times and you'll be fine.

What’s the reason that several people only do the fronts?

Do the rear tires naturally sit at a wider stance? (Sorry don’t have my truck around to inspect)

Do most of you running spacers, space all four wheels?

What’s the reason that several people only do the fronts?

Do the rear tires naturally sit at a wider stance? (Sorry don’t have my truck around to inspect)

Do most of you running spacers, space all four wheels?

I did that because I was only spacing my stock wheels out just enough to give my 315’s room to clear the UCA. Not for looks. The rear tires fit fine. My personal opinion is that the 1.25 might have been more likely to make my tire interfere with the outer fender lip and swing closer to the rear of the front fender.

Sometimes that added 1-1.5" of width can save your bacon. And on the rear axle, extra width increases articulation.

DSC_5234.jpeg

Those don't look right. They look like rear spacers. The front spacers have "teeth" or indents to allow for the hub bolts. Front spacers can only be oriented one way. Get them from the source......Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings for your car! | Motorsport Tech

If you look closely at the attached image, you'll notice that the spacers on the bottom (front spacers) have indents/teeth. These are my BORA spacers btw. Already spoken for though.

View attachment 1632664

Would that be me?

1.25 put my 275/70/18 KO2 right at the fender. I ran BORA spacers and was very impressed with their quality. Stick with Slee or BORA. Our rigs require hub centric spacers.

@geanes are those tires on stock height? No rub??

Any clue how wide a spacer I'd need for 265/70R18 for that perfect right at the fender fit?

Probably more like 1.5 since the 265 is 10mm narrower than my 275.

I just picked up a set of Tundra Rock Warriors to go on my wife's stock 06 LX470 and will be running 285/70R17 on them. I have never run spacers on anything before, but have formed the opinion (whether correct or not) that they should be the absolute minimum width required to address the issue.

From all the threads I have read, it seems the 1.25 Bora or Spidertrax are the consensus. From what I have read, this setup may have only minor rubbing at the rear of the front fender well tat can easily be addressed with some heat and bending of the plastic fender liner.

I have read that it's possible to run 3/4" spacers on these wheels, but would likely require me to order custom spacers from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech which may take more time than I'd like to wait. Can anyone confirm that Rock Warriors (with center caps) will fit properly with a 3/4" spacer?

Can anyone confirm whether there is a functional advantage to running a narrower spacer (3/4" or 1") vs. the 1.25" spacer that is readily available?

@MTKID I'm particularly interested in your insight on the 3/4" spacers as it seems you may be running these.

@MTKID I'm particularly interested in your insight on the 3/4" spacers as it seems you may be running these.

As far as a functional advantage, I was always felt the least amount of spacer meant the least amount of scrub steer and increased swing of the outer edge of the tire into conflicting sheet metal. I haven't made the spacer choice on looks but rather function for myself.

When I bumped up to the 37's on my RW wheels, the 3/4" fit fine still. Although, now I want 40's so :hmm:.

I never put a center cap on but...

IMG_1571.JPG

...I just ran out and tried putting a cap on one front wheel and it fits fine. It did make make a little plastic snapping sound when I put it on so there may be a tab broken in there now but its secure and I can flex the center in just a little so I know it's not bottomed out on the hub cap thing.

...and I'm not sure how to get it off now without removing the wheel :confused:

@MTKID I LOVE those OMF rings! Did you have to send the wheel in to get those fitted, or were they bolt on since the Rock Warrior ring is removable?

Thanks for confirming the 3/4" spacer fits with the caps. I may just run down to Vato Zone and pick up some 10mm spacers and run the wheels without caps while I order a set of BORAs in 3/4".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom