What's in the 80 for Rubicon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
FSM, Haynes, OBD-II scanner.

Craftsman sockets in Craftsman case.

Inside the case are various breaker bars, vise grips, 54mm hub socket, socket extensions, pliers, etc.
DSCN2624.jpg
DSCN2625.jpg
DSCN2638.jpg

Next

Next we have the wrench roll with Craftsman and Snap-On combo sockets, plus a full set of Gear Wrenches with adjustable heads.

Recovery kit in an Orange Pelican case so it's easily seen at all times. Inside is a Black Rat recovery kit (chains, tree saver strap, kinetic strap, snatch block, JATE ring, several yellow D-shackles, and a spare D-shackle (grey).
DSCN2627.jpg
DSCN2628.jpg
DSCN2636.jpg

Next

Here we have 60" Hi-Lift, Hi-Lift base plate, Max-Ax tool (accessories are elsewhere), then in the boxes from left to right are spare driveshaft, front axles (2), and rear full float axles (2), spare steering box, fire extinguisher, shovel, first aid kit.

Then in Tanos boxes we have communicators, hub SST, impact screwdriver, Max-Ax accessories, hand saw, zip ties, pry bars, hammers, and sundries like wire, tape, snap ring pliers, etc.
DSCN2629.jpg
DSCN2630.jpg
DSCN2631.jpg

Next

Now we have Viair air compressor, spare nuts, bolts and electrical connectors, and a 48 quart ARB fridge.:beer:
DSCN2632.jpg
DSCN2633.jpg
DSCN2635.jpg

Last

Finally we have a bucket with lid (not seen) so it can hold spills or oil if necessary. The bucket holds brake, tranny, engine, etc oils and coolant too. The box has two spare birfs, ratchet straps, latex gloves, Mag Light.

There's probably a few other things I've forgotten, but these are the basics! :bounce: Should be a great trip!
DSCN2639.jpg
DSCN2640.jpg

Right on, looks like the stuff i have in my rig every single day :)

Left drawer - LARGER ITEMS: First Aid kit, gloves, air Tools, air hose, air grinder kit, air cut off wheel, Dewalt drill, head lamp, HF Drill, socket set, strap, air down tool, Drill Bits, 1 small box for all electrical components/spares/tools and one box of misc bolt/screw/nut stuff etc.

Right drawer - MOSTLY SMALL ITEMS: Axe, tie downs, window rods, spare engine ECU, deep impact sockets, taps, dies, screw drivers, plyers, hammer, mallet, bungees, side cutters, tin snips, overalls, shoes, hack saw, tire chuck, another pair of gloves, plumbers tape, spare wind up flashlight, lock tight, markers, matches, rattle snake kit, bailing wire, zip ties, hole saw, spare fuel pump/fuel filter and a few more drill bit sets, etc.

All this stuff is in my rig 24 hours a day.. and of course all fluids, jacks, etc are in the rig at all times as well.

s6300030bb3.jpg

s6300029sj2.jpg

SoCalFJ:

Spare ECU: awesome. Rattlesnake kit: even better!

Very cool.

SoCalFJ:
Spare ECU: awesome..

Not by choice my friend! Mine started acting funny.. so im using the old one as a spare now! Never know! You look like your over-prepared.. which is perfect! Enjoy your adventure through the Con and let us know how those kaymar bars come out!

SoCal.. Thats soo cool, but how about my wife, 4 kids and the dog:frown: I could never hang. I bow down.

In addition to grease I'd also suggest a multimeter, poop kit and wagg bags. And on the subject of pack it in; pack it out; I always carry an empty coolant jug to pack out any fluids that may need to be drained. It frequently gets used by someone in the group.
If you are tight on space or weight, I'd leave the axe, shovel and highlift base at home. In the 17 years I've been wheeling the 'Con I've never needed any of those. I also spy two snap ring pliers. ;)
Otherwise, you look like you have the basics covered. Have fun and say Hi to Marlin for us.

Holy stuff batman.

I don't ever travel with that much shizzle in my drawers.

I don't even think I have that much stuff.

I feel so inadequate.

How about carrying the stuff to clean up spills from cracked-open gearboxes? It's similar to kitty litter or something.

I carry most of the same stuff everyday. Except I don't have the spare axles or an axe. I do, however have a spare fuel pump, starter and water pump. And don't forget the tyrepliers and an industrial tire patch kit. Also some sandpaper for prepping the patch area.

AND some good handcleaner.

In addition to grease I'd also suggest a multimeter, poop kit and wagg bags. And on the subject of pack it in; pack it out; I always carry an empty coolant jug to pack out any fluids that may need to be drained. It frequently gets used by someone in the group.
If you are tight on space or weight, I'd leave the axe, shovel and highlift base at home. In the 17 years I've been wheeling the 'Con I've never needed any of those. I also spy two snap ring pliers. ;)
Otherwise, you look like you have the basics covered. Have fun and say Hi to Marlin for us.

Poop kit--thanks for the reminder, it's not shown but I do have one for the Con trip. Thanks also for the tips on the axe, shovel, and hi lift base. I've never used the axe wheeling, although it was great to slash out some stubborn english ivy roots!

I carry most of the same stuff everyday. Except I don't have the spare axles or an axe. I do, however have a spare fuel pump, starter and water pump. And don't forget the tyrepliers and an industrial tire patch kit. Also some sandpaper for prepping the patch area.

AND some good handcleaner.

Hmmmm all those are good ideas (pump/starter/pump) and me no have. I do have a tire repair kit. Prolly too late to get the first three; we'll see.

Fuel pump, water pump, and starter:
My rig has 144K miles on it and I've only replaced the starter, just this year. I would carry extra pumps because mine are original, but if these things are maintained or have been replaced in a reasonable amount of time, would you expect to have problems with them on the trail? I know, ''Be prepared'', but space is premium on a trip like this. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom