What would you get? Santa is involved! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks, I don't rock crawl and only used my lockers my 80 just a several times for over 25 years I owned it. So far, I have not become stuck where I have gone in my 200. I have build a sleep platform that has severed me well for sleeping and storage for over 30 years [the design and function]. Santa has asked me to pick one from the following:

-Elocker rear
-sliders
-drawer system.
-Side rails with sliders from ARB

Oh, if I don't pick one then I get nothing, but coal! :)

Definitely not getting coal on this one as I’m sure you can pick something off this generous list.

Will the drawer system replace the platform you’ve already built? If so is the a upgrade or lateral move?

As for the locker. We don’t use ours often but when we do it’s such a game changer and has saved me from some seriously muddy clothes and traction boards.

Do you not have sliders already? That’s usually an early mod that’s more of damage prevention Han anything. Depending on your use case I’d lean toward this if you don’t already have some.

My first question would be, “what’s Santa’s budget and are combos possible?” Because the cost of these could be wildly different.

Definitely not getting coal on this one as I’m sure you can pick something off this generous list.

Will the drawer system replace the platform you’ve already built? If so is the a upgrade or lateral move?

Yes it would! Now, I just have to shift stuff around to get to my boxes underneath. So, drawers will definitely keeps thing more accessible, organized. I just got used to this system for decades and decades. And, I liked that I made the platform myself.
As for the locker. We don’t use ours often but when we do it’s such a game changer and has saved me from some seriously muddy clothes and traction boards.
I get that! In my 80 when I used them it was necessary and it worked really well.
Do you not have sliders already? That’s usually an early mod that’s more of damage prevention Han anything. Depending on your use case I’d lean toward this if you don’t already have some.
I did not do this because my kids used the factory running boards to get in and the lift and the type of places I go I never needed it. I know I can get the slider with a flat platform for them to use. I use them to get to the RTT and the sky box.
My first question would be, “what’s Santa’s budget and are combos possible?” Because the cost of these could be wildly different.
No combos, one only! Unless I replace Santa with me, then :)

I’ll order them for you

Built in compressor and fast deflate valves
Sliders
Sub tank
Ratio change / 35s / rear locker
Drawers
No - Sliders / rails (not that great for North American trails, the sliders are not for rock sliding), it’s more a rails kit.

I’ll order them for you

Built in compressor and fast deflate valves
Sliders
Sub tank
Ratio change / 35s / rear locker
Drawers
No - Sliders / rails (not that great for North American trails, the sliders are not for rock sliding), it’s more a rails kit.
Thank you! I carry 64 gallons and change already with my auxiliary tank. that was a must where I go! I hear you about the side rails. I am on 35s with ratio change no issue. Looks like sliders or drawers are in the running then! Thank you! Going to look at drawers, as I have local outfit that makes great sliders here!

I’d go with the drawer/platform system so you can sleep without severing yourself. But seriously, for your uses, a nice drawer system seems like a valuable upgrade.

I’d go with the drawer/platform system so you can sleep without severing yourself. But seriously, for your uses, a nice drawer system seems like a valuable upgrade.
I think so too! I am looking at options! The platform I have is comfortable to sleep on, but I think I am ready for an upgrade. Thank you! Oh, and the RTT has worked great!

Last edited:
if I’m not mistaken there is a big thread on drawers here. I have the ARB drawers with the slide out top and they are great for my use case but there are some really killer options if Santa is willing to pony up.

Sliders are definitely a must, but drawers are close behind.

I have yet to get into a situations where lockers would save me but ATRAC couldn’t.

if I’m not mistaken there is a big thread on drawers here. I have the ARB drawers with the slide out top and they are great for my use case but there are some really killer options if Santa is willing to pony up.
:) well.....quasi-santa might be able to contribute..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom