What type of Trailer hitch / Wiring kit for 1995 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am planning a couple of trips this summer. I will be trailing a 2k lb pop - up about 50 miles each trip.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what brand of hitch and wiring harness that is the easiest to install and not too expensive? I would like to get a class III something like this:

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser Trailer Hitch - Draw-Tite

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wiring harness, the easiest to install would be a hopkins 43405 since it just plugs into your tail light connectors (no splicing). That is a 4-pin model, so assuming your camper doesn't have brakes, that would be best.

As for the reciever, they're all about the same in terms of "strong enough" that one you linked is nice because the reciever sticks out from the bar rather than welded below the bar (better ground clearance). But any of them will do. You might even cruise the classifieds section and see if you can get one from a mudder.

Definitely check the classifieds. I bought a replacement for mine for $25 and had it shipped for about $35. This was an excellent shape OEM.

Look inside your right rear panel and you may find a harness already there.

The pop - up does have brake lights unfortunately.

I will check and see if there is a harness already there, I just assumed since there was n0 hitch = no harness.

Thank you both for the info about classifieds! I will definitely start searching there before getting something new.

The pop - up does have brake lights unfortunately.

I will check and see if there is a harness already there, I just assumed since there was n0 hitch = no harness.

Thank you both for the info about classifieds! I will definitely start searching there before getting something new.

He meant electric trailer brakes. The basic 4 pin trailer connectors still power your brake lights.

Ohhh thanks for the clarification Dork! Then i should be good to go with the Hopkins plug n play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom