What to do for a easy anti theft device? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this would be awesome if we could tun a factory switch into the "required" switch, would this be possible??

Easily done. The instructions will note how to do so.

Last edited:
....so if one already has an immobilizer, this could act like a second line of defense too?

Does the switch need to be depressed every time the vehicle needs to start? Like a momentary switch or on/off?
It depends on the switch, but it can work either way. I’ll be starting a thread specifically on this in the next couple days too.

UK versions as well as Venezuelan trucks have a special "Immobiliser" setup that the ECU and Key are specifically coded to each other and it's an act of God to get a new key or to fix if there is a problem.

There are a few cases of someone losing their keys and the truck becomes a boat anchor because you cannot bypass it due to the ECU.
Thanks for the details. Any failures? If it's reliable, and given a number of spare keys--sounds interesting. How has it affected thefts in those countries, do we know?

What a great product, looks to be well made as usual.

Curious, have you given any thought to build a similar kit to take care of our famous click click starter issue? It's a tad bit more invasive but one relay can provide the solution that some of us have employed to bypass the old, tired ignition wire to the solenoid. I haven't had a single click click since this starter relay mod I did last year. This same relay can also be used as a kill switch.

Just a random thought!
Did you do a writeup? :)

It depends on the switch, but it can work either way. I’ll be starting a thread specifically on this in the next couple days too.
Be sure to point it out here!

3EE936BA-028F-4E6E-B390-4335479784B8.jpeg

Find other security threads here:

Basically just what the title says, we hike and camp a lot and leave the Cruiser at the different trailheads a lot of times. I search but didn't find anything like I wanted. Thought about just pulling the EFI relay or fuse if that would work, but am open to suggestions. Thanks

What about a removable-key type battery disconnect switch on the ground wire to the battery? Mounted under the hood in such a way that the terminals are not accessible so the would-be thief can't put both wires on one terminal?

Your theft prevention is a remarkable dog. Dutchie? Mal? Combination thereof?I've seen Dutchies colored like that but never a Mal.
Nice collar, too.
She is a mix, mom was Mal Dad was Dutch.

We use that collar along with a prong collar and it has helped a lot.

I wondered if that might be the case. I've only seen that coloration on Dutchies and the head is straight-up Mal.

I use the same combination, agitation collar and prong collar to get the dog from the vehicle (FJ80) to the search area without destroying my knees, then remove the prong and switch him on.

I might be buying the Martingale in this link real soon, I think it's something new they are offering.

And yes, I have the same security system for my Land Cruiser as well. I'm pretty sure I could leave the keys in the ignition and it would be safe from theft.

Basically just what the title says, we hike and camp a lot and leave the Cruiser at the different trailheads a lot of times. I search but didn't find anything like I wanted. Thought about just pulling the EFI relay or fuse if that would work, but am open to suggestions. Thanks

Reach through the driver wheel well and unplug the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom