What is this Downey part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
This is bolted on the US driver's side of my 40, I have no idea what it was for - anyone? @Downey

downeything1.JPG
downeything2.JPG

That was the latch for a swing out tire carrier we use to make, the vertical portion of the square tubular rack use to close into that bracket, then a pin was installed. Could be a very righteous piece for someone wanting to build their own tire/gas can rack (tire in center, gas can on either side).

That was the latch for a swing out tire carrier we use to make, the vertical portion of the square tubular rack use to close into that bracket, then a pin was installed. Could be a very righteous piece for someone wanting to build their own tire/gas can rack (tire in center, gas can on either side).

Thank you very much for this info!

Loved Downey!! I miss them and Dick Cepek's! Desert Rat is still around, somewhat...

A guy at a parts swap in Denver assured me this was a rare Holley 500 Downey adapter for an LC. I admit I have never seen one - is this only for a Holley carb setup?

20190209_104715.jpg

20190209_104717.jpg

... Desert Rat is still around, somewhat...

Spent Saturday morning at Desert Rat's monthly Coffee & Crawlers event, there was like 100+ rigs there and several vendors, so still a thing? :hillbilly:

Loved Downey!! I miss them and Dick Cepek's! Desert Rat is still around, somewhat...
I always had respect for Downey parts & Accessories. Made many purchases from them and everything worked as described! Desert Rat......blow the dust off that one. Have not heard that name in 20+ years :D.......Here's some vintage Desert Rat for ya.

desert rat.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom