What is the best time of year to visit Australia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Threads
I am interested in planning a vacation to Australia. When is the best time of year to visit?

Looking to go in the next year and want to hit the rain forest, desert, barrier reef, and beaches. Hopefully rent some cruisers and see some wild life. Maybe check out some goods for my 80 and 120 while I am there.

I went to Australia June 15 to July 1. It's the start of their winter. Melbourne and Sydney were cold with highs in the low 60s during the day. The outback (Uluru, Kings Canyon, Alice Springs) was not too bad maybe in the mid 70s. Great Barrier Reef (Cairns and Port Douglas) were in the low 80s. Blue Mountains near Sydney was cold like mid 50s.

The crowds were not too bad during this time. I could only go during that time due to work/school.

I went to Cairns and NQ in May.
Temps were good, it was at the end of the jellyfish season and things weren't too busy. Maybe one bit of rain in the 12 days we were there.
We just did the coast from Townsville to Port Douglas and inland to the Table lands and as far west as Undara Volcanic Park.
We did our driving in a 20' RV we rented.
We stayed at Air-bnb and rented our RV in Cairns.
If can't for first class tickets for the flight, cough up the $25 or so to hang out in the airlines' airport lounges if you have long connection waits.
Much nicer than the regular airport waiting areas, and if you plan to eat and or drink while you wait, the cost of the lounge pass includes snacks and liquor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom