What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After After powder coating my pedal assembly and P-brake brackets, nickel plating the P-brake shaft, I started putting parts back on it.
View attachment 3196633
Awesome job mate, congrats!
Your work is an inspiration for my future J45 PickUp resto, thank you!

Got my matching t-shirt

07B7C58E-0F06-4FBE-888F-6C658564EB69.jpeg

Wait im confused, why is the pic upside and the bezel? Unless its some kind of inside joke but then why shouldn't some people call it an FJ? 🤔
It is the only way to flip the bezel :)

or wear it as a pants...

Last edited:
Wait im confused, why is the pic upside and the bezel? Unless its some kind of inside joke but then why shouldn't some people call it an FJ? 🤔

Are you looking for the FJ Cruiser section? This isnt it.

Last edited:
Are you looking for FJ Cruiser section? This isnt it.
No, but it is the fj40 section... I just don't understand why someone calling it an FJ would warrant a distinction. I've had plenty of people call my truck an FJ, Land cruiser, 40, anything but jeep is fine in my eyes. Thats why I said I didn't get it, and am asking for clarification...

No, but it is the fj40 section... I just don't understand why someone calling it an FJ would warrant a distinction. I've had plenty of people call my truck an FJ, Land cruiser, 40, anything but jeep is fine in my eyes. Thats why I said I didn't get it, and am asking for clarification...
Some of us who have revolved around the sun a lot like to get butt-hurt when people "call it an FJ." I think that goes back to when the FJ Cruiser was teased and many of us were disappointed to see it had minivan tires and IFS.

I think what sums it all up is, if you identify it as an FJ in conversation with the general population, their mind goes directly to the FJ Cruiser. Then it takes explaining and even showing a photo to make them understand FJ40. My wife says FJ all the time in conversation and then spends 5 minutes trying to unwind the other person's mind.

Around here typically, its a Land Cruiser, or a Cruiser and designated by FJ4x, or by its corresponding #. The FJ Cruiser is something else and a lot of folks will call it an fj, and it isn't considered a Land Cruiser. As for the Bezel the fat side goes up.

Last edited:
Around here typically, its a Land Cruiser, or a Cruiser and designated by FJ4x, or by its corresponding #. The FJ Cruiser is something else and a lot of folks will call it an fj, and it isn't considered a Land Cruiser. As for the Bezel the fat side goes up.
I think Bronco owners are about to experience the same fate.

Yea I knew that about the bezel, but the upside down picture plus the note at the bottom... then if the shirt is normal the bezel is upside down... so I got the irony but then the note isn't ironic which negates the bezel joke?🤔🤯

(I've been away from the forum for a few years. I must have missed the memo on "FJ")

"Is that an FJ?" Asks, the beautiful barista. "Yes, it is." - me
Reading some of your past posts, I doubt your answer would be that short.:)

Let’s not forget that there are many FJXX models. FJ4X, FJ55, FJ6X, FJ7X, and FJ80. Calling an FJ40 an FJ is as bad as calling it a J**p. ^the other above comments.

26 degrees, snowing and going through spare parts. My shorthair just isn’t cut out for the cold.
CE721BB4-8F10-48C9-9D7B-AB4F849B3C3B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom