What have you done to your 4x4 lately 2020? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a keen observation and pretty clever to give it a chop in the middle! Not sure if @kc_chevota saw that with mine but he took the torch to split it without taking the slider off. Inquiring minds.

aside from a few exhaust leaks at the cats, the internals looked fine.

oh, you give me too much credit. Not clever at all, really. I cut them apart to ship them easier and found it.

Engine bay clean up after few trips to Arkansas. New battery and ordered new sway bar bushings.
BCB74148-8357-41E6-A873-B3010A95BE4C.jpeg
80B05C24-1B8F-4D29-A4F2-4BFFE44A7CEC.jpeg

Dang, you da man...

Finally got around to WoolWaxing the under carriage of the Tacoma. It’s been such a mild season thus far I procrastinated until I saw the salt truck drive down the road. Better late than never.

Nice! I put the Knick off TRD grill on my Taco too.

where did you get you steps? I want to do the same thing.

7FAFB811-8491-4326-B27F-A91815AA02ED.jpeg

Posers 😝😆

But my only other pic of the Taco is at the grocery store....
We’re you at least spinning donuts in the snow?

For steps I went with CaliRaised Offroad step sliders with a Line-X’d top plate. They’re frame mount bolt on sliders. Cost was just under 1k shipped to the house. If I wasn’t going to wheel the truck I might have gone with a different option, but these are working just fine in the parking lot too.

*(Not sure what happened to the Mud emojis, but this typed response is dripping with sarcasm).

I started my 150k mile “re-baseline” on the 200. Replacing water pump, PS pump, alternator, idler, tensioner, fan bracket, hoses, PCV, and spark plugs. Getting to the alternator on a 200 is a serious PITA. The alt is low by the frame rail (stupid location). The last alt I replaced was on a Chevy Tahoe and took about ten minutes. The 200 ain’t no Tahoe. Removal of the radiator to get the alternator out of the 200 isn’t necessary but probably saves time in the end. It took me about 7 hours to get the radiator, fan, PS pump and finally the alternator out. I knew this wasn’t going to be a quick project but I sure didn’t think it was going to be quite this difficult.

05C1F3A3-B617-4F4F-815C-03806A8F8A03.jpeg

3A3F26D3-0383-4DE3-B568-11A717584B81.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom