What have you done to your 4x4 lately 2019? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll start things off. I finally bought a 100 series to play with. Something I've been wanting to do for many years now.
IMG_0014 crop.jpg

Got the motor mounts fabricated on vera, next up is to see if I can get this engine running. Anyone have a 4.7 L engine on something that I can borrow for a few days to reference?

74A508D8-3675-4839-BE16-329673DF0A9C.jpeg

72E06A0E-16B9-4CFA-BF26-FDC085EE7482.jpeg

B8D2C7B0-87E9-4DC7-BD7D-9B43D6BF9E0A.jpeg

EA85A48F-AB35-46A4-AB2F-35D9E085EFF8.jpeg

Duppleganger

Last edited:
Third time is the charm

Last edited:
Anyone bored today?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well, Mitch wanted a hot-rod so I bought the 100 back from him. Got hosed ;)...should have looked it over better...torn CV boots, sway bar links toast, smelled like stale beer and girls...college stuff. Oh well, all good now and ready for MOAB! Have to say the 100 simply feels better than the 200 and happy to have it back in the barn.

E8F7ADD6-855C-416F-A352-94CF6D5EA392.jpeg

Last edited:
What, I have to put gas in the tank?

Not a lot happening to the 80 since we relocated to KC from Valley Center, CA. After arriving and having some real winter temps I observed that the alternator wasn’t charging at idle, voltage dropping to 12.x. With the RPMs up it was still pushing about 14.1 to both batteries. Bad regulator, pity this alternator was a Denso purchased from RockAuto in 10/2017.

Since it we got a little warmer weather this weekend, said 39 here at the house and the sun was out in the afternoon, I installed a new 150 amp Sequoia alternator. I used Photoman’s bracket and pigtail which made the install pretty easy. I ran a new 4awg from the alternator to the battery through a 200 amp ANL fuse for the increased amperage.

Didn’t take any pictures of the install as it was straightforward and has been well documented here.

Installed the new RF Marker Lens after a downed tree broke it during the storm 2 weeks ago.

So a coworker didn’t shut my door all the way last Wednesday evening and when I parked the cruiser that night (13 hour day), I didn’t catch it. With the 9° temps we had in the coming days, this totally cashed my battery.

Costco for the win - they exchanged it without any fus (they can’t charge batteries so it’s a win win). Cruiser fired right up.

So a coworker didn’t shut my door all the way last Wednesday evening and when I parked the cruiser that night (13 hour day), I didn’t catch it. With the 9° temps we had in the coming days, this totally cashed my battery.

Costco for the win - they exchanged it without any fus (they can’t charge batteries so it’s a win win). Cruiser fired right up.
You need LED’s. I left for the weekend with my dome on 3 days later fired right up. Now it was warm so that helps. I’m just saying.

I have a collection of LED’s might have enough for you.

You need LED’s. I left for the weekend with my dome on 3 days later fired right up. Now it was warm so that helps. I’m just saying.

Totally agree! Best thing I ever did was change my interior lights to LED's More light with less draw. I have left my door open and dome light on all night. Came out and truck fried right up.

I can also sit and work with the lift gate open ALL DAY and the battery won't die from it!

Replaced power seat gears on 2 80's. Mine and Chris the new members rigs. Gamiviti gears work great.

Did you buy a kit? Or how do you cross them over? LEDS sound good as I have killed my battery due to a bad door switch/sensor.

Did you buy a kit? Or how do you cross them over? LEDS sound good as I have killed my battery due to a bad door switch/sensor.
I bought my set from PFRAN but there are more options now. That was 4 years ago.

image.jpg
I buy mine 20-50 at a time frame china on eBay for cheap. I’m low on most of my stuff need to inventory and order. Prices have been going up. Thanks Chrump...

These two types are the ones you need T10 are the wedge style for the door and map lights. The panel for rear cargo light switch with the festoon style adapter(you select when you order).

I working on key light and glove box lights right now have 3 different styles on order to find the best fit.

I could put together a few packages for the locals.

Last edited:
View attachment 1891682 I buy mine 20-50 at a time frame china on eBay for cheap. I’m low on most of my stuff need to inventory and order. Prices have been going up. Thanks Chrump...

These two types are the ones you need T10 are the wedge style for the door and map lights. The panel for rear cargo light switch with the festoon style adapter(you select when you order).

I working on key light and glove box lights right now have 3 different styles on order to find the best fit.

I could put together a few packages for the locals.

I would be interest in a package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom