What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a fancy new plate

98345548-985A-4845-888F-9C1474BBFC8A.jpeg

Can you elaborate on what makes you happier with the ride? My BP-51 was installed with 20mm (factory) too and the part I didn't like was lift on the front was too much relative to the rear. It was level front to back when the rear was empty. The problem was rear sag when loaded. I added 30mm spacers to the rear to fix this, mostly because that was easier for me to do that pulling the front apart to reset the preload. I have always really liked how the BP-51 suspension feels but my "feel" is relative to the 125K mile old OEM suspension with a heavy front bumper. The "brake dive" is gone. Stiffer for sure but not too stiff. Did reducing preload "soften" the ride? Did you keep the same shock settings after you adjusted the preload?
Happy to elaborate more. For my setup with ARB bumper and winch with synthetic line, the front felt way over sprung with preload at 20mm. There was not enough down travel, so it would top out over most bumps. Even with rebound set to max, the spring rebound after compressing was too abrupt. Basically the pogo effect. Now with the reduced preload, the shock rebound controls the spring rebound much better. I am no longer experiencing the harshness that I was previously. In my opinion, the shock valving now seems to partner with the springs. The brake dive is still gone.

I will say that I was dreading pulling the coilovers back out to adjust the preload. This time I decided to see if I could get them out without undoing the swaybar or loosening the lower control arms/balljoints. I undid the steering tie rod and upper ball joint only. Worked like a charm. Now I wish I wouldn't have gone through all of the additional steps when doing the initial install. Anyways....

I have 2723 springs in the rear, so I am not experiencing the front to back height differential that you have have had.

Happy to elaborate more. For my setup with ARB bumper and winch with synthetic line, the front felt way over sprung with preload at 20mm. There was not enough down travel, so it would top out over most bumps. Even with rebound set to max, the spring rebound after compressing was too abrupt. Basically the pogo effect. Now with the reduced preload, the shock rebound controls the spring rebound much better. I am no longer experiencing the harshness that I was previously. In my opinion, the shock valving now seems to partner with the springs. The brake dive is still gone.

I will say that I was dreading pulling the coilovers back out to adjust the preload. This time I decided to see if I could get them out without undoing the swaybar or loosening the lower control arms/balljoints. I undid the steering tie rod and upper ball joint only. Worked like a charm. Now I wish I wouldn't have gone through all of the additional steps when doing the initial install. Anyways....

I have 2723 springs in the rear, so I am not experiencing the front to back height differential that you have have had.

I set mine to 13mm also with the ARB bumper/winch/synthetic line, but my truck has not performed as I thought it would. I originally thought the preload was not enough, but recently came to the conclusion that the rear springs are too soft for the everyday weight. I just got some 2723's in so hopefully that clears things up. Your post has given me more confidence in my hypothesis, and I will report back when I get them in there. May I ask what you have your front and rear compression/rebound set at currently?

Fuel pump recall at 115k on the LX and new Costco Interstate 27F battery for the winter. Replacing 4.5 year old CarQuest battery.

Fuel pump recall at 115k on the LX and new Costco Interstate 27F battery for the winter. Replacing 4.5 year old CarQuest battery.
What years was the fuel pump recalled on?

After buying the 200 at LCDC , Had the large dents at right rear panel and rear hatch repaired, detailed exterior and interior. Installed snorkel, New rotors, pads and ebrake shoes, new headlights, realigned
20210902_193300.jpg
the ironman bumper, ordered RLC rear bumper, ironman rear drawers and sliders. Cancelled the build plans on the lx570 and keep it stock
20210901_194116.jpg
Had to cancel the ARB flat roof rack since no ETA on the mounting kit after 5 weeks on order.
20210902_184742.jpg

Last edited:
Got the new DBA Rotors and Hawk pads on all four corners, took the LC to work
For anyone looking: Front DBA Rotors - Part # 42724S / Rear Part # 42723S
I ordered mine from Ken at KNS Brakes in NC

20210909_123545_resized.jpg

20210909_123549_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for more information on doing this swap. Any suggestions?

Same question regarding swap to Tundra suspension
Check out this thread:

I also did this on my LX570 see link in sig.

I set mine to 13mm also with the ARB bumper/winch/synthetic line, but my truck has not performed as I thought it would. I originally thought the preload was not enough, but recently came to the conclusion that the rear springs are too soft for the everyday weight. I just got some 2723's in so hopefully that clears things up. Your post has given me more confidence in my hypothesis, and I will report back when I get them in there. May I ask what you have your front and rear compression/rebound set at currently?
Front settings: 6C, 8R
Rear settings: 5C, 9R

Today some of my parts for the camper box arrived.

I am only undecided which battery I will take. Possibly it will be an AGM battery from Hoppecke (good manufacturer who produce batteries mainly for grid and track applications such as telecommunications or power plants) because a friend who converts electric boats a few weeks ago has received a delivery. But 160Ah will probably be too much of a good thing for the Land Cruiser.

Let's see how the charger from Renogy does. As far as one of the few on the market that combine normal charging from the generator and solar panels in one device.
6212E27A-5682-417A-A5F0-D0A580EE7A9B.jpeg

Have UCA's, rear springs, Slee wheel spacers, and now rear shocks. Coil shortage has delayed the front coilovers a bit more, but super excited to finally see these in person. Ben and the team at Filthy have been absolutely wonderful to work with, cannot recommend them enough for a custom valved King setup

d6yTv9ih.jpg

zHnfYlhh.jpg

Got an alignment after fully done monkeying with the suspension and UCAs. Also added spidertrax wheel spacers. Dont care what anybody says negative about wheel spacers love the look! Still work in progress
CCAEE777-0D6D-4545-9A0F-10AB200280CB.jpeg

Got an alignment after fully done monkeying with the suspension and UCAs. Also added spidertrax wheel spacers. Dont care what anybody says negative about wheel spacers love the look! Still work in progressView attachment 2783685
I think this is the best fitment I’ve seen of a Rhino bumper on an LX

I think this is the best fitment I’ve seen of a Rhino bumper on an LX
Thanks! Still not 100% happy with it but work in progress. Have to color te little silver pieces.

Have UCA's, rear springs, Slee wheel spacers, and now rear shocks. Coil shortage has delayed the front coilovers a bit more, but super excited to finally see these in person. Ben and the team at Filthy have been absolutely wonderful to work with, cannot recommend them enough for a custom valved King setup

d6yTv9ih.jpg

zHnfYlhh.jpg
Got mine from Ben also about 45 days ago. Lucked out on the fronts.

d6yTv9ih.jpg

zHnfYlhh.jpg
Also I am in Prosper just north of Frisco. Mine went on an LX, but let me know if you need any help advice. Just went through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom