What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually, they were not TESTED in the real world before being put on the market. I was one of the first to buy and the ones I got did NOT have radiused holes - not suitable for use with soft shackles. I tried to radius them myself, but was not acceptable. They are now gathering dust in my "mistakes" box. :(

Later version was radiused, so good for those who received them.

HTH

Wanna sell the ones you have in the mistake box? I have no use for soft shackles and would only ever use a chain with a hook or steel shackle anyway cause i have loads of them from work.

Wanna sell the ones you have in the mistake box? I have no use for soft shackles and would only ever use a chain with a hook or steel shackle anyway cause i have loads of them from work.

Sure. PM me and we'll work it out!

Got her detailed and coated last week. Looks better than new. This black has a lot of blue and maybe even some gold flake in it. It looks great in the sunlight. Next up is new wheels and tires.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Need tires and live in NC or upstate SC? There's a seller in Charlotte, NC with a set of KO2s in 285/75/17 claiming they only have several hundred miles on them. He switched them out for Ridge Grapplers. Ad says price is $800, I contacted him and he was willing to do $700 for the set. Unfortunately, he took too long to respond over Memorial Day weekend and I grabbed RGs on sale instead.

Coming up to south central PA anytime soon?!

I’m ready to buy a set of these and move my 285/70s over to the Tundra.

Coming up to south central PA anytime soon?!

I’m ready to buy a set of these and move my 285/70s over to the Tundra.

Unfortunately no plans that take me that way. I make it as far north as Richmond VA in early September and that’s it, so no help there :(

You can see if someone in the ONSC can assist over in their forum. Couple of them are pretty active MUDshippers and travel a lot of the east coast. I’m about 90 minutes north of Charlotte so I’m not even the best to pick up.

Am so glad my buddy asked if I wanted to go by Slee’s garage sale. Didnt expect much for a 200 but saw an aluminum slid plate and he said its of my 570, I said perfect I have a 570 and then he says I have some 570 sliders also on that rack over there from the shop 570 if you want them. It’s been a good day.

Last edited:
Am so glad my buddy asked if I wanted to go by Slee’s garage sale. Didnt expect much for a 200 but saw an aluminum slid plate and he said its of my 570, I said perfect I have a 570 and then he says I have some 570 sliders also on that self over there from the shop 570 if you want them. It’s been a good day.
View attachment 1997862

I couldn't believe it! Unobtanium just sitting on a rack waiting for you - lucky guy! 😂

Am so glad my buddy asked if I wanted to go by Slee’s garage sale. Didnt expect much for a 200 but saw an aluminum slid plate and he said its of my 570, I said perfect I have a 570 and then he says I have some 570 sliders also on that self over there from the shop 570 if you want them. It’s been a good day.
View attachment 1997862

What a score!!

My 2008 has 88k miles on it so I did the transmission drain and fill, as described in the video on this forum. Went pretty well. Used Toyota WS fluid and the little everbilt pump from Homedepot to pump in the fluid. It worked great. Also used the OBDlink app to read the tranny fluid temp. Used 12 qts of fluid plus a little more to make up for the spillage here and there.

Next is to do the same process to my wife's Porsche Cayenne, which has an 8 speed Aisin trans and the process is almost exactly the same. Same fluid, too.

Last edited:
Am so glad my buddy asked if I wanted to go by Slee’s garage sale. Didnt expect much for a 200 but saw an aluminum slid plate and he said its of my 570, I said perfect I have a 570 and then he says I have some 570 sliders also on that rack over there from the shop 570 if you want them. It’s been a good day.
View attachment 1997862

So these just use the same attachment points as the stock "slider' tubes? Interesting.

Lifted it. Finally.

Ironman FCP. Wound up with right at 3”. Hoping it will settle in some. It’s tall.

Metaltech sliders in hand and going with 285/70/18 Ridge Grappler tires.

View attachment 1999178View attachment 1999180View attachment 1999181

I’ve probably said it a zillion times...but it still amazes me what a basic lift, ATs and zapping the steps does to go from Highlander to LC.

Looks great, and you’re ready for just about anything like that.

“Bumpers? We ain’t got no bumpers. We don’t need no bumpers... I don’t have to show you any steenking bumpers!” :grinpimp:

(My second-favorite film of all time...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom