What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The #xplorr got new shoes this week after 55,000+ hard miles on its last set.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 5.55.24 PM.png

No turnin back now... :confused:

03BEC35E-A072-4266-9D9E-DE92D0D3E24E.jpeg
3D1BC9DF-59DC-4D1D-AEAF-AF302B20EF02.jpeg

What is that for....?

It will give me (and a front passenger) an easy way to turn the screen to my full-time rear-view camera on/off.

It has a remote, but remotes get lost. Screen is sorta bright and annoying to a passenger at night...so this will give easy control. Then I can throw the remote in the glove box or skip it altogether.

Also means I can leave it powered independent of ignition. Could come in handy in camp when sleeping inside the truck...because it can see in the dark via infrared (without drawing attention to a light). Thinking of camping in places like Baja... ;) Not a big focus, but just something it can do...

7DB3801D-DEBD-4425-BD87-E2BC7BEE65C3.jpeg

It has a power button on the screen, but it’s too far to reach from driver...and if passenger turns it off from the screen, I can only turn it on at the screen. So... -This places control dead center within easy reach of both seats.

F65BF89A-4412-474E-8739-45971EF1F435.jpeg

As an aside to the above...that right side panel has plenty of room for 4 or 5 small switches like this one. Also has lots of blank space behind this spot for easy access to wiring.

Probably more useful to older 200s since our buttons are scattered in weird spots. Great option for simple on/off stuff like camp or side lights, etc without looking weird.

18E67ABF-DF56-4CFB-B1BF-F66BB4D1B6A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Mark it wasn't me that said that I swear!! It is a prime location for additions to be sure. You are getting a label that says Ejection Seat right?

Cleaned up my messy RAM mounts by going ahead and getting the pieces I needed. Was using what I had on hand, but Ralph reminded me it was a mess. :) Nice to have the right size Legos...

(Phone looks strangely huge here because it’s closer...) :)

DC3C9EB1-BB92-4440-A478-6F6A9608BE42.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. :) First thought those were too wide & fancy...but looks like they offer 14mm...and not expensive at all! About $11.

It's the shipping from Australia that gets ya!

But the ability to make a totally custom switch like this can be worth the cost in some circumstances.

Installed a dash cam in the rear. The 12V outlet back there makes it really easy to install. Also installed a Shade Styx rear sun shade that I had laying around. Aside from helping block sunlight, it makes it harder for thieves to peek inside the cargo area. Oh and it also helps reduce the glare at night from those idiots who always drive with their high beams on :flipoff2:

With an android head unit, you can view the rear dash cam in real time and also mirror the image for use as a second rear view camera. Pretty cool :)

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

Cleaned up my messy RAM mounts by going ahead and getting the pieces I needed. Was using what U had in hand, but Ralph reminded me it was a mess. :) Nice to have the right size Legos...

(Phone looks strangely huge here because it’s closer...) :)

View attachment 1853006

It’s a disease man.:p

Installed a dash cam in the rear. The 12V outlet back there makes it really easy to install. Also installed a Shade Styx rear sun shade that I had laying around. Aside from helping block sunlight, it makes it harder for thieves to peek inside the cargo area. Oh and it also helps reduce the glare at night from those idiots who always drive with their high beams on :flipoff2:

With an android head unit, you can view the rear dash cam in real time and also mirror the image for use as a second rear view camera. Pretty cool :)

View attachment 1853169

View attachment 1853170

View attachment 1853171

View attachment 1853172
Which android head unit are you running?
Any details on it or a link if you’ve done a write up would be great. Possibly going this route in the near future.

Which android head unit are you running?
Any details on it or a link if you’ve done a write up would be great. Possibly going this route in the near future.

It's a SYGAV 10.2" Android 7.1 quad core 2GB RAM. The newer Android 8.0 units have octa-core CPUs and 4GB RAM. It's plug and play for non-NAV models. I don't think it will work if you have the factory nav since you won't be able to control the AC.

It's a SYGAV 10.2" Android 7.1 quad core 2GB RAM. The newer Android 8.0 units have octa-core CPUs and 4GB RAM. It's plug and play for non-NAV models. I don't think it will work if you have the factory nav since you won't be able to control the AC.
Ahh. That’s what I was afraid of. So I’m back to deciding on the risk of ordering one of the Chinese Tesla units

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom