What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (108 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Neckbone, the paint job was by a local body shop, Econo Collision in Austin on Ben White, we decided on a Toyota color, Desert Storm, flat. The paint job was about $1300 with the clear coat application. Really happy with the results. Now I need to figure out the process to lift the front a bit with an ACH system on board. Thanks for the comment!

Finished AHC fluid flush. For anyone who hasn’t done this yet or has been putting this off...it’s a must do and so simple thanks to @PADDO . It seems most vehicles have had this service neglected. Props to PADDO's AHC fluid replacement method!
Here’s what came out of my ‘06...

I replaced both aftermarket CV's about 2 months ago with oem due to bad vibration and I made a mistake. I reused the outer snap ring which the dealer had installed 6 months prior. After following various threads here and looking at pictures I realized that the snap rings were just plain wrong, they were very thin and didn't come close to filling the groove. I picked up a set of the correct rings from cruiseroutfitters and installed them today. Took about 5 minutes per side. Good thing I did as one side was already bending and coming out of the groove.

Chris

20190406_153258.jpg
20190406_153801.jpg
20190406_153956.jpg
20190406_155023.jpg

How are the feel of those covers? they look great but curious what material you picked and what the comfort comparison is versus the leather?
They feel great! The material is their Dura EZ, Sand color trim, Silver Gray insert (their website colors are way off). The covers are easy to install and remove and they're machine washable. Nice and tight fit. The leather seats were so slick I'd slide down (and around) in them. These keep you firmly planted with no loss of comfort. Highly recommend them.

See screenshot below. A little pricey for what it is, but it gets the job done. I was planning on running a longer flexible antenna, but the little one picks up FM just fine in my area.
@MATT0404 Thank You. So how does this connect to the radio? Do we still need the oem antenna to be connected to this to make it work?

@MATT0404 Thank You. So how does this connect to the radio? Do we still need the oem antenna to be connected to this to make it work?
I pulled the OEM antenna and motor assembly out from inside the fender well. Then I pulled on the antenna mast until it, and the plastic guide, came free from the motor assembly. This required a surprising amount of force. Alternatively, I'm sure you could open up the motor assembly and remove the plastic guide without having to yank on it so hard. Reinstall the motor assembly in the fender well and button up your fender liner. Slide the new antenna sleeve down into the motor assembly and screw on the mast. That's it. Took me about 20 minutes in total.

I tightened my valve cover....bolts were hand tight. Tensioner is shot (on order). Stereo got replaced...amp is shot lol. Tracking the rabbit down the rat hole.

I did this last nighr. I have not pulled the drive flange yet, but I assume either the c-clip broke or was not installed properly. I had new CV joints installed maybe 9 months ago, and this is only my second time taking it off road (I know I suck, just haven't had much time), less than a 1000 miles since install.

Added a steering wheel leather strap to the deteriorating oem leather. They had a brown but I was afraid it would not match so went with black. I like it gives it a nice two tone look that compliments the rest of the dash

AULLY PARK Universal Steering Wheel Cover Genuine Leather Stitch On Wrap (Size M+, Black) Amazon product ASIN B01IHR2654
IMG_20190407_104337997.jpg

Winch came in, so i started the install Friday night, realized the powdercoaters butchered the job, then spent yesterday from 7am to 1130pm removing corrosion, priming, and painting the inside welds.

Painted the sandblasted trim piece under the grill as well.

Had an issue with the winch control box fitting, but managed to get it in there.

This morning i went to the nearest parking lot to reel in my line and finished cutting off the s***tybilt hook for a factor 55 flatlink. Shout out to the Silverado driver for driving over my line as i was setting up to reel it in at the corner of the parking lot. You just had to come and see.

20190406_075654.jpg

20190406_090430.jpg

20190406_174248.jpg

20190406_181454_HDR.jpg

20190407_171223_HDR.jpg

Installed ASFIR front plate. Most of the captured nuts in the frame were nonservicable. Was able to successfully retap a ccouple. for the rest just drilled new holes in the plate and used through bolts.
View attachment 1947032
How long after you ordered it did it take to arrive? Anything extra to get through customs?

I think it was about two weeks from order to delivery. No extra customs charges

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom