What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This makes me reconsider stock wheels. Looks phenomenal
thanks i actually just put the "35" Stt Pros on them and tossed them on for this last event. i was very happy with the results. Most of the time the truck has RockWarriors with some 34 falken AT3's on it

thanks i actually just put the "35" Stt Pros on them and tossed them on for this last event. i was very happy with the results. Most of the time the truck has RockWarriors with some 34 falken AT3's on it

Currently running rock warriors and 35s on mine. I’d probably like them more if they weren’t solid black. I’ve been trying to get someone to swap me for stock non coated, no luck so far.

I love the contrast and how clean your stock wheels look with big tires.

C9D4A031-17F4-4C5E-B72F-B0B73BCC6344.jpeg

Currently running rock warriors and 35s on mine. I’d probably like them more if they weren’t solid black. I’ve been trying to get someone to swap me for stock non coated, no luck so far.

View attachment 3157951
We'll agree to disagree on the black, really nice looking setup you have going there.

View attachment 3157951

gamviti.jpg

Any pictures of how you went about sound dampening the hatch/tailgate? I was looking at the upper hatch a few weekends ago and didn't see too many places that felt like the sheet metal needed dampening, but I know next to nothing about this topic.
No photos taken while I was working on the rear hatch area…

Probably was not in dire need of it, but I did it anyway. Didn’t want the license plate vibrating…

I removed the trim on the hatch, and used isopropyl alcohol to clean and wipe down the interior of the hatch bottom compartment ( where the wiper motor is housed). Then cut a mosaic of sound dampening pads to cover every interior surface I could access. Did the same on the tailgate. Make sure not to block the drain holes.

The result was attenuated road noise and no vibration or rattling during heavy bass passages… and a heavier tailgate and hatch.

Nav delete per the IH8MUD pioneers @primeral and @TXSunDevil - Thank you guys
Kenwood DNX 997XR head unit
FOCAL ES 165 KX2 front doors and rear doors
AudioControl LC5.1300 running @ 2 ohms
JL Audio HO112-W6V3 subwoofer
80+ pounds of sound deadening

Audiophile sound (for a car) and the music stays inside the Cruiser

No photos taken while I was working on the rear hatch area…

Probably was not in dire need of it, but I did it anyway. Didn’t want the license plate vibrating…

I removed the trim on the hatch, and used isopropyl alcohol to clean and wipe down the interior of the hatch bottom compartment ( where the wiper motor is housed). Then cut a mosaic of sound dampening pads to cover every interior surface I could access. Did the same on the tailgate. Make sure not to block the drain holes.

The result was attenuated road noise and no vibration or rattling during heavy bass passages… and a heavier tailgate and hatch.

Nav delete per the IH8MUD pioneers @primeral and @TXSunDevil - Thank you guys
Kenwood DNX 997XR head unit
FOCAL ES 165 KX2 front doors and rear doors
AudioControl LC5.1300 running @ 2 ohms
JL Audio HO112-W6V3 subwoofer
80+ pounds of sound deadening

Audiophile sound (for a car) and the music stays inside the Cruiser
Thanks for the details.
Is this the AMP you got? AudioControl LC-5.1300 - https://www.crutchfield.com/S-l9Caef68f9W/p_161LC51300/AudioControl-LC-5-1300.html?XVINQ=GZ0&XVVer=1BJ1&awcr=628340559497&awdv=m&awnw=g&awug=9027845&awkw=pla-1157702406206&awmt=&awat=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy6Xx_62R-wIVShbUAR14Hg3lEAQYASABEgJfxPD_BwE

That is the one…

you should look for Black Friday sale or similar… May be able to save some cash.

BTW- If you look up that amplifier review on YouTube, you will see that the output FAR exceeds the ratings on the box. And it is extremely discreet… Very high audio quality. Be sure to feed it plenty of power

Truck decided to start but run rough couple mornings ago. Chased down a misfire to cylinder 6 (again), where I had put a new cheapo coil just a few weeks ago. Replaced the coil (Denso) and plug (OEM-spec NGK) this time, just in case. I probably should have just swapped the coil, stuck the wires back on and fired up to see, but now I suspect I have 7 other spark plugs and/or coils that are due for some love. I'll probably pick some up and piecemeal this maintenance-mod as I can get to it. It's all running properly now, but if the plugs all look like this - they're due.

Hopped on the Lexus maintenance tracker thing last night to see - this truck has been through some stuff, but I haven't found a likely candidate for "here's the last time plugs were changed out," so I guess these are pretty old. Pretty sure this is carbon fouling from a dying coil more than anything else. Truck doesn't burn oil, but has been known to run a bit rich sometimes. Could be that gas smell is incomplete combustion?
57AA717B-76BC-4AC6-9161-E61B7C58ED2F.jpeg

Last edited:
Truck decided to start but run rough couple mornings ago. Chased down a misfire to cylinder 6 (again), where I had put a new cheapo coil just a few weeks ago. Replaced the coil (Denso) and plug (OEM-spec NGK) this time, just in case. I probably should have just swapped the coil, stuck the wires back on and fired up to see, but now I suspect I have 7 other spark plugs and/or coils that are due for some love. I'll probably pick some up and piecemeal this maintenance-mod as I can get to it. It's all running properly now, but if the plugs all look like this - they're due.

Hopped on the Lexus maintenance tracker thing last night to see - this truck has been through some stuff, but I haven't found a likely candidate for "here's the last time plugs were changed out," so I guess these are pretty old. Pretty sure this is carbon fouling from a dying coil more than anything else. Truck doesn't burn oil, but has been known to run a bit rich sometimes. Could be that gas smell is incomplete combustion?View attachment 3158124
Were any of the plugs loose? or only finger tight? The carbon on the threads would lead me to believe so. It is not uncommon for the plugs on these engines to get slightly loose, causing misfire issues.

Were any of the plugs loose? or only finger tight? The carbon on the threads would lead me to believe so. It is not uncommon for the plugs on these engines to get slightly loose, causing misfire issues.
I’d have to go pull it apart and see, but this one was roughly as tight as it seemed it should be. This cylinder is also the same one as the last time I had this particular CEL, so I just pulled the one plug and coil and replaced em. 🤷‍♂️

Replace 65k mile Falken Wildpeak AT3W with new. Great tires. The new ones are a bit quieter, but the old were by no means loud.

BC20C9C2-2E9B-49F7-B800-266F40526C07.jpeg

A2D32F7F-5B9A-4CD4-A43B-92EBC2DEFF76.jpeg

F99462AF-C13A-44DF-8E36-C6F9CC110E49.jpeg

I'd say you got a good run out of those!
And there was still over a quarter inch of tread. The trails roughed them up enough, especially the sidewalls, that I decided it was time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom