What have you been doing with your Toyota? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that it's on the rack the question is will the brakes be done by the meeting at noon!?
IMG_20181117_073042.jpg

Having brakes is AMAZING

night and day difference from before. Terrain tamer front rotors, new Napa calipers x4, Napa rear rotors and heavy duty terrain tamer brake pads. Trail gear spindle nut makes life easy too
MVIMG_20181117_111852.jpg
IMG_20181117_095411.jpg
IMG_20181117_090309.jpg

Also discovered that I have some how bent my front control arms. Anybody have some laying around?

MVIMG_20181117_145951.jpg
IMG_20181117_150018.jpg

Looks pretty!

Got my LED's wired and working into the front of the 60...
IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0159_LI.jpg

Ron what was wrong with the "Green Beast'?

engine is more tired than I am, clutch has never been right and evidently needed something to do this winter. Had planned on doing nothing this winter to since every other piece of equipment I own has broken down this fall I might as well get the 40 fixed up as well.

Give a shout if you need another set of hands, I can hold a beer and be sarcastic about how to fix things with the best of them.

Seriously, though I'm happy to help. What motor is that?

Did not know it was tired like us, kinda remember a clutch issue!

Ford 302, if I remember right?

I'll give you a call when the time comes Drew. It'll probably be on a -30 degree day in january when i finally get it ready to go back in, at least the beer will be cold! As you know, most every one uses a sbc to repower with. I even have a good running 327 sitting in my shop. As a proud member of the non conformist assoc. I couldn't use that. 5.0 ford. ps, there's a reason the sbc is what most everyone uses

Well it happened Saturday morning on my way through Columbus at about 8:30 am. Roads were strait ice and I did everything I could but it just wasn’t enough. It was just me and my pup and we were both ok. I’m super bummed as I think they might total it but I guess one door closing opens another one. Be safe out there friends

70B59476-4055-4107-9440-450D0D2D7AED.jpeg

A8532664-89B3-4851-8D48-7043AA898BB0.jpeg

71DBC8E4-6784-45B0-9517-5436A1E1CC82.jpeg

WOW!!!! I am sorry to hear and see this!!! I am glad to hear that you and your pup are safe and sound!!!

Yes, I would say that they will total it!!

Thanks for sharing, have a good Thanksgiving! Tom

Oh no!

I am so glad you're okay! That is a heart breaker for sure, we are just glad that it wasn't a bone breaker. I'd be interested in seeing how the insurance company handles it. These aren't getting any cheaper.

Hate to see that, at least you walked away from it. I heard that it was horribly slick, Sam came thru there Sat. afternoon and it was still slick. Good luck with the insurance, those deals are never any fun, but the main thing is you're ok. What breed of pup?

@Tanaman, you really shot off the road! Glad your ok.

I have spent the last several weekends working on odds and ends. I changed my rack and pinion. Total s*** job those that said they did it quick have to be lying, ugh, so glad it's over. Changed tie rod with torn boot. Changed hoses from reservoir and flushed it also added an inline filter. I am good for another abusive 200k. I am ready to wheel.

I'm not real savvy on the 1FZ, but shouldn't there be a distributor there? or was that just on the earlier ones?
there are 2 different looking wires also, 2 sets of 3

I'm not real savvy on the 1FZ, but shouldn't there be a distributor there? or was that just on the earlier ones?
there are 2 different looking wires also, 2 sets of 3
It's a 3rd gen 1fz fe... Distributorless, coilpacks like a 100 series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom