What do you want to see in Toyota Trails? (1 Viewer)

What do you want to see more of in Toyota Trails?

• Tech (like woody's hybrid axle article)

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Maintenance (like how to adjust your valves)

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • Trail Reports (like Cruise Moab 05 for example)

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • Adventure (like the Tuby Explorer Series)

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • Non-Cruiser Stuff (like mini/tcaoma/4Runner)

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other: please post in thread!

Votes: 15 7.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really dig the historical stuff when it comes along. Every time Harold Stevens ends up in Trails I'm captivated. I enjoy everything else as well. I takes a while but before the next issue arrives I read my magazine from cover to cover. Many articles more than once. I'm not sure there is a single thing I'd remove but I agree with Ratpuke (surprise) and I'd love to see some restoration articles. Now before y'all start in with the "Then write one!' crap. I'm not within documenting range of anyone that's doing one. I'm a damn good modification fool but I doubt I have the patience or skill for a restoration. I don't have the wallet for one either. I'm desperate to know how one of those English wheels work. I keep watching American Hotrod on tv hoping to learn something but, not unlike this forum, there's too much drama and not enough tech. Boyd and Bluebear should just bone and get it over with. Maybe wngrog and Hooligan should too. :D

Chef, you started this thread asking for input. I provided some and am just explaining why I stated what I did.

Hey Chef:

You might as well delete the whole thread since Nolen has taken his ball and gone home. Todd has seen the suggestions now and can consider the suggestions. It's hard to follow with so many posts missing. Start it up again in a week and we'll see what sort of action it brings then.

I really am enjoying the revival of a FJ45LV on mud, this very indepth restoration shows people what kind of time and effort goes into a proper restoration.

It also shows methods, products and tool usage, I think it would give some people the insentive to tackle smaller projects.

Rob

QUOTE......

Last edited:
I leave town and look what happens....

First, I appreciate all of this feedback and will take most of it to heart. And I won't defend Nolen to any large degree because he can take care of himself. But (and this has been said before) it's worth noting that the content that Nolen creates for Trails is done largely at his own expense. TLCA is a mainly volunteer organization and while Trails does pay for submitted material, it's a pittance. So ripping Nolen for his efforts doesn't sit very well with me. Period.

I think it's also worth noting that the question posed here was, "What do you want to see in Toyota Trails?" Not "What do you not want to see in Toyota Trails?" (Perhaps that can be started as a separate and very negative thread.) It's just a personal opinion but I think any time you start out with negativity you can pretty well expect the reaction to mirror that negativity. And why do we want to be negative about Cruisers and Trails and the TLCA? Remember, this is supposed to be fun.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

TJK

dmc said:
So Todd if Nolen cannot be persuaded to stick around I would like to see a hardcore/unique truck article each issue.
dmc

At the current page count we don't have room for another regular column. That said I'd be happy to rotate columns or add pages as needed. So regardless of Nolen's status I'd be up for this idea.

TJK

OTB lives, I just want to get some of the folks out there to submit some of their own material and do some of the writing.

Many of the articles I have written in OTB could have easily been penned by the owners whos rigs I featured and there are many of those out there that would like to see thier hard work featured as well.

I am looking for a November/December OTB article now. Maybe Hooligan will step up with a great article on his 80......

Hate to enter the thread now after the fighting but I guess I will.

Even though I don't have a really extreme offroad fj40 I still like the modify the cruiser. I was wondering if TT accepts basic articles. Seems like what I write wouldn't be very extreme and I don't know if there is interest but I was thinking about writing short articles about panel replacement for the rusty fj40 with tips on welding the panels and such, rear tire carrier/bumper buildup, and maybe an article on DIY painting.

I would like to contribute to TT but don't know if there is interest. It is a great magazine that I look forward to reading whenever it comes! I am glad so many people contribute their time and effort to make TT and TLCA possible. I think all of the articles written are really good. A big thanks to everyone!

A well documented writup about panel replacement would be very welcome.

90% of all submissions have poor documentation and even worse photography.

Take some nice shots, write some nice stuff and I assure you that would be very welcome. From what I have seen most of the feedback is more of this type of stuff. We just need the submissions.

Concur.

TJK

(With a nod to brevity being the soul of things other than wit....)

I'm speechless! Iguess I better get back on that resto series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom