What do you want to see in Toyota Trails? (3 Viewers)

What do you want to see more of in Toyota Trails?

• Tech (like woody's hybrid axle article)

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Maintenance (like how to adjust your valves)

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • Trail Reports (like Cruise Moab 05 for example)

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • Adventure (like the Tuby Explorer Series)

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • Non-Cruiser Stuff (like mini/tcaoma/4Runner)

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other: please post in thread!

Votes: 15 7.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kaderabek said:
I respectfully disagree with the first statement.

Henry's calendar features Land Cruisers. The connection between scantily clad women and Land Cruisers tends to be a bit tertiary (and not enjoyed by all).

TJK

I guess what I meant by it.............kind of like Pro Comp and BFG....both make a MT tire.

If it can be produced on a budget, marketed and sold to make money and NOT offend the majority then I think it's something to ponder.

:cheers: :bounce:

TJDIV said:
Just because Henry does a calendar doesn't mean I couldn't get chicks 10 times better and produce a calender that would blow his away.

I need to go run stairs.

I like Henry's calendar. I like Profitt's calendar. I'd probably like yours too.

Needing to run stairs...man, BTDT, several times:
Once when I was in football, did it again for Tae Kwon Do...ain't going back for a third dose voluntarily. You have my respect sir.

Chef said:
I like Henry's calendar. I like Profitt's calendar. I'd probably like yours too.

Needing to run stairs...man, BTDT, several times:
Once when I was in football, did it again for Tae Kwon Do...ain't going back for a third dose voluntarily. You have my respect sir.

Well, it's safe to say we all share the same goals. More quality members. I'm willing to help any way possible. There are a dozen folks here in town I could probably gear towards as well.

Stairs are rough. Not too mention the strength shoes and 30# weigh vest when it's almost 100* outside. :doh: But after a while you just sort of go through it without thinking about it and that's the best part.

I messed up today and rode my mountain bike to the stairs....4 miles and 3 sets of stairs....body's shaking right now.....going to go down a teaspoon of honey and some egg whites.....yack yack....

:cheers: to progress. You fellas keep up the good work and it'll pay off.

Back to TT

I forget which 4 wheel drive mag it is, but I always get a kick out of the "Stuck" section.

You know, a dozen or so pics, maybe two pages with a short story on the situation and how it was resolved. Pretty funny to see some of the rigs buried fender well deep and the yahoo's that got'em there.

Like the dude that ran Moab 05? The truck upside down in the rock bowl thinga ma jigger.

Hell, I know enough of us amateurs on Mud get stuck too many times to count.

Could make it a contest to where the BEST entry wins a years membership each edition.

(and I'd do away with the classified section unless it generates a decent amount of $$$)

I guess I would like to see a series like TT has done in the past where short articles and pictures of members rigs were in the magazine. I would like to see more articles regarding Cruiser Wagons, and adventures such as the ARB story.
I think TT is the best 4WD magazine being published and take great satisfaction in the fact that TT is not another Primedia Clone. It is the only 4WD magazine I read from cover to cover several times over. The tech articles are outstanding and have answered several questions I have had about my FZJ 80. Maybe TT needs some minor tweaking, but understand that I think TT is an outstanding periodical.

The reason, this thread below and the mans talent and documentation of this extend of restoration makes for a great 8 - 12 part article, is because not everyone reads MUD and some folks never get off their favorite boards - I happen to be fascinated by the 45's so I cruise over there every once and a while. I stumbled into that thread mid way - to not include it in the TT would be missing a part of restoration history - We still live in a society that needs things to be in print to be archived...

Somebody should ask him to submit...

QUOTE: We've got a GREAT Story unfolding right here on Mud in the 45LV section. Matt is doing work to a Cruiser that some of us may NEVER again see done. His documentation is amazing. He skill and attention to detail are UN-MATCHED.

I'm pretty sure he's already a TLCA member, but if not I will buy a year for him if we put him in TT.

That entire thread is captivating and IMO is perfect TT material. When "non-enthusiasts" or beginners in "Cruiser Land" stumble across a situation like Matts rebuild and SEE for themselves the hard work and time and money people are willing to put into a Land Cruiser simply for the sake of reviving the vehicle; well, if you ask me that will make a lasting impression on anyone even slightly interested in our breed.

Tom IV

*edit for link

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=39575

Anyone who has read this thread and isn't impressed?

taccruiser97 said:
Maybe TT needs some minor tweaking, but understand that I think TT is an outstanding periodical.

I think this sums it up best as well. I do like the TT the way it is. Add and tweak here and there, but it's still a stellar mag to get in the mail.

:beer:

See, the thing is (and back to my earlier point!), that there is really no "we" that writes articles and puts them into Toyota Trails...other than *you* dear reader!

So, as much as this thread is about us finding out what you want to see in the magazine, it is also a call to arms for those of you who wish to see something different to *please write some stuff and submit it*

This is the only way we get content, period.

Thanks!

Alan

Just got back from East Coast Pig Run. What happened here is WELL WORTH AN ARTICALE IN TT. The problem is, it will take several of those that were there and survived to complie it. We have lots of pics of those that made it, and some pics of those that did not. We have agreed not to post any pics until talking with TJK.

:cheers:
Chuck

I saw one every nice photo from the run this morning. And I would absolutely love to see an article submitted. Thanks!

TJK

Wow, the newbie tech is really a great idea... stuff that an average Joe can do in his garage or driveway with basic hand tools. Not stuff that takes a fully equiped machine shop and a 4 year apprenticeship to know how to operate.

I vote for TLCA Member rigs. Not the Henry style of filling 3 issues but perhaps two pages (one color one B/W) dedicated each month to a stalwort TLCA member and his truck. No, Not TTR having a chapter spotlight and not yet attending one board meeting, but something like having Roger T. on the cover. A long time TLCA member, all around nice guy, who deserves his two minutes of Trails fame.

Event coverage is needed but Todds hands are tied. He needs the submissions. And this is a tough one because our events (the large ones at least) can get routine so the 'different angle' is always needed (Henry taught me that).

The local trail each issue is a good idea, but again, someone needs to take the lead.

Perhaps its time to let the chapter spotlight, OTB or personal editorials/comments/musings go and bring in a new 'each issue' idea like any of the three noted here: newbie tech, member rigs or local trail. As Todd noted begin rotating various series type articles. Unless they are still lining up for it. I know when we did PMC spotlight, I had to get in line but it was well worth it. I've enjoyed all the Chapter spotlights but how many are there.

also note, nothing noted as 'tossed' means its bad, it simply means we are looking for better.
'Ya, that was good... but this is better for now.' Variety is the spice of life.

Kudos to the entire TLCA team for all their efforts!

TJDIV said:
We've got a GREAT Story unfolding right here on Mud in the 45LV section. Matt is doing work to a Cruiser that some of us may NEVER again see done. His documentation is amazing. He skill and attention to detail are UN-MATCHED.

I'm pretty sure he's already a TLCA member, but if not I will buy a year for him if we put him in TT.

That entire thread is captivating and IMO is perfect TT material. When "non-enthusiasts" or beginners in "Cruiser Land" stumble across a situation like Matts rebuild and SEE for themselves the hard work and time and money people are willing to put into a Land Cruiser simply for the sake of reviving the vehicle; well, if you ask me that will make a lasting impression on anyone even slightly interested in our breed.

Tom IV

*edit for link

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=39575

Anyone who has read this thread and isn't impressed?

:cheers: to Matt for documenting history.

Said it earlier in this thread, Matts build is better than any hardcore four linky tninkgy I have ever seen...

Edit, also noted is the fact this thread has been read through by thousands. This might not be the exact story to publish, but something just like it.

Rob

Last edited:
Radd Cruisers said:
Said it earlier in this thread, Matts build is better than any hardcore four linky tninkgy I have ever seen...

Edit, also noted is the fact this thread has been read through by thousands. This might not be the exact story to publish, but something just like it.

Rob

Step up to the plate diesel boy.... How bout a diesel conversion article?:D

With the "Real Time" info on the internet it must be really tough to decide what articles to run that are fresh and interresting. I can certianly see TJKs arguement against running a bit on buckroe's FJ45lv "resto", but then again I also realize that there are many TLCA members that do not frequent IH8MUD that would be completely blown away with his work. Tough call there! Either way he has done alot of impressive work.

Overall I like the layout of TT. Some things I would like to see... How about a "Vendor Spotlight"

Being in an area without a "local" TLCA club, unfortunately I moved to the east coast of Virginia Hampton VA Beach area) right as the VLCA dissolved. I would like info on how to promote the TLCA. Should I randomly hit up a Toyota dealership and talk to sales reps? With the new FJ Cruiser hitting the roads and trails, should I approach them?

I can't think onf anything long term I would change. Sitting on the coffee table the TT speaks for itself when H**p guys are at the house. To me that speaks volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom