What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20221219_144944.jpg
16714975818094312150847251046412.jpg

Tis the season for the hard deck.

Last edited:
My 80 got a RedHead steering box with 105 sector shaft, thanks to @orangefj45 & Valley Hybrids.

That's one less thing making noise on my truck.....

Matt! That was a smoking deal!! Glad you picked it up. I know you will abuse it like it should be.
Maybe this means I'll drive the other 80 a little less like an ultra 4 truck.

Yes, I did an entire new long block, plus new radiator, alternator, fan, fan clutch, water pump, harmonic balancer, and a few other things that I’ve now forgotten.
I even got a new oil cooler assembly at $600! New distributor, everything except the valve cover including OEM fuel injectors and forgot to keep the old ones. It was a crazy, profligate phase for me and sounds like for you. Now I remember you had a ton of extra time spent with the shop.

Enjoy the drive!

My 80 got a RedHead steering box with 105 sector shaft, thanks to @orangefj45 & Valley Hybrids.

That's one less thing making noise on my truck.....
Thanks fir sending business our way, we appreciate you!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

I even got a new oil cooler assembly at $600! New distributor, everything except the valve cover including OEM fuel injectors and forgot to keep the old ones. It was a crazy, profligate phase for me and sounds like for you. Now I remember you had a ton of extra time spent with the shop.

Enjoy the drive!
I didn’t get those things. After $12k my wallet was exhausted! It took my mechanic about a year to get it done. I had to hound him to the bitter end to get it done. That’s all in the rear view mirror now. I am enjoying it now. It’s nice knowing I have essentially a brand new, rock solid engine.

I am taking it to Death Valley for a trip the day after Christmas. Good luck with your build! Are you doing a build thread on it?

I didn’t get those things. After $12k my wallet was exhausted! It took my mechanic about a year to get it done. I had to hound him to the bitter end to get it done. That’s all in the rear view mirror now. I am enjoying it now. It’s nice knowing I have essentially a brand new, rock solid engine.

I am taking it to Death Valley for a trip the day after Christmas. Good luck with your build! Are you doing a build thread on it?

Nice!

I have a thread somewhere here, but my truck isn’t dramatic enough to be anything worthy of a build show. 😁

Some last minute adds: A battery 18" chainsaw, a 2nd pair of tire chains, and a 2nd pair of orange traction boards so I won't be as worried going deeper while solo.

Rear RCV's once the bonus comes.

Some last minute adds: A battery 18" chainsaw, a 2nd pair of tire chains, and a 2nd pair of orange traction boards so I won't be as worried going deeper while solo.
What chainsaw did you get? I need to pull the trigger and pick up a cordless chainsaw.

What chainsaw did you get? I need to pull the trigger and pick up a cordless chainsaw.
72cc felling saws with skip chains on undersize bars for lyfe! 🤘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom