What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, trimmed the metal fenders, the flares, and had to cut back the steel bumpers a bit.

I’ve not had any issues even when I was mid travel. Haven’t driven the LT setup yet but I’ve been without a front sway bar since I removed my rtt and don’t expect to much change with the widened track width. I kept breaking the end links on my mid travel and got fed up. Photos are before extending them a bit mine you.

I’m hoping my bumps have been lengthened enough because it’s getting a bit tight.

View attachment 3302409

View attachment 3302410
Im on my 2nd lower ball...issue-no travel. You running 4" lift?

Im on my 2nd lower ball...issue-no travel. You running 4" lift?
I haven’t the faintest idea what kind of lift I have. Enough to do what I want the truck to do is what I’ve settled on. 🤣

I would guess between 2.5-4”. Probably closer to 3-3.5”.

Moved my buddys runner for him..

8GdF0sLZ1ON5A0asbUxjDDrP8OF5uHlT6NAABB8CeYt0lEAtn45jU-R-LX194IpNhv-YhVHh9AluUlh3eAc4uf6--2LeUiEw8bqkS4Dj3RDou5ZbokVWsZrUftW4UDjc-C5jziVFjrGQD6YbtT_uGPU6-VtvtJGWquDwMTs92xdE8bXxBLBHyPdj6rBS1c8pnb_smQ3rg8cEvZFUtPkQMgPBD5sylNwdxI5je3J55ww-BFXHxb4_FrLyD7mVubyg-ywaVA1lqijf_hobd2IjJ81AODyFSshGc7M3fHTfgcqtO3W_8kEx9dLnVYGbUCQZx_kIvD1cXkP7kERN_wt2uVm9iACfC5NKqBIxt5sSfL_rOb0wZIk9h5e18HvmVMWz6CXebSvVXb-ZKSdkkaOJkRmZQzkIWrJO5C_S_gubBDu5FQHTRP6SxTlfhFG1wJV9_3oxW6yALYq2wdinlIEBeg1FlGEXDD9OGZzP6_wQJjUE2QZPiiq4e7AaeQy-rseVs4oxWbKAm9p7vbW5vbY9R3AUoaqKdGuuFFm3LC5CF8Q7BUQPQqzpF6Fs23sdTsdy69J-kBH63_Exty7fOFaIP78IXjF71oSfRR3zmD3rjNetVBZqdmGxpuyhLacwaEtxx7EESldcK_eFnlb9R-joySs3YsY53ElcenAOHDwTHQoSwHXojUUfk6n_XvTmoLPwA7-GIiFuUVK6t7d8zj_mnty8Omk_GrxYtkEY9OvGyePDAXWHZ1QZJxy5S8vYlL1MMXc32DAZBZzDph39GFfFCTiFgmzzkDXuPLPeqljA4iOXKCO9kIZmsIlEpS8Q-xuVD-515q7kRIRtiajvE2eTtBq9KlF6YUfTI_YottLiKge_3r3loebC7DjJ7RaQFCtdtq045gJKoKsgeuHnv1RJfG3LCYye9nhY3gxxh2sT4A576xgyug=w1249-h937-s-no

I installed my Midland MXT400 in my 1st Gen Sequoia. I had to remove most of the dash to get to the cup holder area as this is where I wanted it go. It fits nice and snug and turned out great.

IMG_7488.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7498.jpeg

My weekend involved buying an oem filter to replace the TRD CAI filter. They are the same size, FYI. I needed to clean the TRD filter badly so bought a k&n kit, swapped in the paper filter while cleaning and re-oiling the TRD filter.

The paper filter seemed to reduce airflow back to where the dirty TRD filter was.

In another chapter of the popular “While you’re in there” series…
Radiator, thermostat, water pump, power steering pump, tensioner, & idler pulley.

And, swapped out the hood-to-grill seal. Mine was dry rotted and falling apart.

IMG_1365.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

Last edited:
Did all the gear oil fluids. Bought my 2016 used with about 60k miles on. Finally had the chance to do some basic stuff like change fluids in the diffs/transfer case and I put all new OEM brake rotors and pads on. It had new brakes when I bought it, but they were done at a Honda dealer with unknown quality stuff and it had some pretty bad brake pulse issues when the rotors get hot towing trailers. Brakes are brakes. No magic there. Swap was less than 2 hours start to finish. New OEM all around feels a lot nicer with significant improvement in initial bite.

Rant: Why the heck did Toyota use different tool size and type for all 3 of the gear oil locations. Would it be that hard to make it so I only need one tool to remove the drain and fill plugs for all of them? - What I found was that the rear diff looked pretty milky. Transfer case and front diff looked very clean. Didn't need to change them most likely. No appreciable metal on any of the magnets.

Oddly - some light oil residue on the driver's side LCA. No obvious source. Engine looks clean. Not getting any oil drips on floor. And there's not really anything else near the LCA that would drip oil other than the shock, but it's also pretty clean. CV boots are clean and look good. So I'm not really sure where it would be coming from unless it was weeping slowly from the front diff seal and somehow wind was carrying it out to the LCA? Or possibly if the diff was venting oil mist out the top vent, but IIRC the vent dumps to the other side anyway. I guess it's just a watch and see situation. Diff wasn't noticeably low. Mystery.

Did all the gear oil fluids. Bought my 2016 used with about 60k miles on. Finally had the chance to do some basic stuff like change fluids in the diffs/transfer case and I put all new OEM brake rotors and pads on. It had new brakes when I bought it, but they were done at a Honda dealer with unknown quality stuff and it had some pretty bad brake pulse issues when the rotors get hot towing trailers. Brakes are brakes. No magic there. Swap was less than 2 hours start to finish. New OEM all around feels a lot nicer with significant improvement in initial bite.

Rant: Why the heck did Toyota use different tool size and type for all 3 of the gear oil locations. Would it be that hard to make it so I only need one tool to remove the drain and fill plugs for all of them? - What I found was that the rear diff looked pretty milky. Transfer case and front diff looked very clean. Didn't need to change them most likely. No appreciable metal on any of the magnets.

Oddly - some light oil residue on the driver's side LCA. No obvious source. Engine looks clean. Not getting any oil drips on floor. And there's not really anything else near the LCA that would drip oil other than the shock, but it's also pretty clean. CV boots are clean and look good. So I'm not really sure where it would be coming from unless it was weeping slowly from the front diff seal and somehow wind was carrying it out to the LCA? Or possibly if the diff was venting oil mist out the top vent, but IIRC the vent dumps to the other side anyway. I guess it's just a watch and see situation. Diff wasn't noticeably low. Mystery.
Oil may be the common cam tower leak, sometimes need to pull the fender liner and look in from the side to see it.

Love my Rago mounts. Running them for ditch lights, HAM radio antenna, hi-lift, and chase lights off the back.

They're solid. I have seen a few others out there but theirs are the most robust. I plan on getting a few of their MOLLE interior mounts for some stuff.

Codes. Replaced the clock spring again to see if i had a bad part out of the box. I had replaced the CS a while back to see if it would remedy my non working cruise control, but it still wouldn’t work. Plugged this one in and voila !!! It’s amazing that I put 20,000 miles on this truck without cruise.

IMG_2197.jpeg
IMG_2196.jpeg
70699317325__EE21DF24-283F-44A5-B56F-B69089B1AAAD.jpeg

Working on a 6’6” modular style camper shell rack for my 2nd gen DC Tundra. Still test fitting and need to make or buy brackets. I don’t have rails on the shell. 6’2” from extrusion to extrusion front to back. 54” wide extrusions makes the rack 54.5” wide outside to outside of the side rails.
IMG_2220.jpeg
IMG_2222.jpeg
IMG_2223.jpeg
70724510025__6D602237-B0CC-4754-91A9-0FA136C0D00B.jpeg

Getting it cleaned up and prepped to (probably) put it up for sale soon to get something a little better suited for my daily commute. My wife got a new Sienna and my son is driving my 2000 LC so we don’t really need a third rig with seating for 7.

Today I replaced the driver seat bottom leather with a new cover from SeatShop.com. Not a terrible process and it feels and looks so much better. It’s a pretty good color match.

Unfortunately the new seat foam cushion I bought was incorrect and didn’t have the air channels for the platinum ventilated seat. My original cushion wasn’t too rough at least and I reused it. I’ll get around to the passenger side later this week.

Before
IMG_1849.jpeg
IMG_1851.jpeg
IMG_1852.jpeg

After
IMG_1857.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom